Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking this but why do you have both if Kronos 2 is no different? Just curious?

Fair question...I bought the 2-61 before getting the X88, and was using a Roland FA08 as a controller. In the end I decided I really wanted the Kronos 88, and I had the intention of selling the 2-61, and just using some of the funds to buy those extra sounds for the X88, but I find the portability of the 2-61 to be really nice. A bit of a luxury I know, and I often think of the dilemma having two Kronos basically the same.....I'm not alone with this scenario though. However, they are not really 2 identical keyboards, as they have two different keybed sizes and actions. If I had a 2-88 and an X88, that would be different, as they really are functionally the same.
I ended up selling the Roland, so have the best of both worlds with the Kronos - my beloved 88 weighted action, and a 61 synth portable. Hooking them up for added polyphony or dual keyboard actions is nice too.
I'm thinking that it would also be nice if had identical soundsets in each, if I wanted to take my home sounds on the road.
It does niggle me though that I actually have to buy 2 license keys. Maybe as you said, some legal rumblings may bring this to light.
sigh...A bit of a first world problem though!

Chris
rpowell01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong I understand Korg's problem with all the piracy that is going on in this world. But they should not go to the extreme and tell us users we have to purchase new licenses when in FACT I know for a fact its a simple fix on their website. Heck how long did it take to fix their soundware website anyway from freezing on ALL browser I might add? Kinda shows that the Japanese are not smart people and they should have learned from WWII!!!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
Don't get me wrong I understand Korg's problem with all the piracy that is going on in this world. But they should not go to the extreme and tell us users we have to purchase new licenses when in FACT I know for a fact its a simple fix on their website. Heck how long did it take to fix their soundware website anyway from freezing on ALL browser I might add? Kinda shows that the Japanese are not smart people and they should have learned from WWII!!!

Korg addressed the license transfer issue in this thread ...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101228

The remainder of your comment is in extremely poor taste.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
Kinda shows that the Japanese are not smart people and they should have learned from WWII!!!

Wow, this is really quite racist!

Please refrain from making any future comments which may deem insulting to nations or races.

Thanks,

Pep
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the licensing has been discussed many times, and I'm content in the knowledge that if my Kronos fell into disrepair, Korg would look after me in transferring my paid software, but I'm talking about having to buy it twice, having 2 instruments. It's an ideal wishlist thing for me, and not something I would fuss too much with. I'm grateful that I'm in a position that I can even consider the idea of buying the same software twice.

RPowell....you sound like you made that comment in anger over the wider issue of software prices, but you have already acknowledged the intelligence of the people who design the Kronos by owning one. In anycase, the design of the Kronos and of Korg is represented by its employees across the world. It is about business decisions and has nothing to do with cultural intelligence.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time when the only way to add sounds to a keyboard was to buy those sounds on a ROM card or cartridge. If you had 2 keyboards, you HAD to buy 2 copies because they came on a hardware cart. It's not unreasonable for Korg to charge for each copy for each keyboard. That's not to say I'm happy about it. Of course, you could buy one cartridge and easily move it from one keyboard to the other, but you couldn't use it in both simultaneously. It would be nice if there was a mechanism where the sounds could be used on the device you're in front of at the moment....
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell1:

I'm seriously offended by your Japanese remark. Not to mention your unreasonable refusal to accept the answers you've been given. I hope the Moderators close this thread and delete it. You might want to reflect on the fact that this is a forum for KRONOS enthusiasts and not your personal soapbox.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with everything you say Dan,
I didn't really say it, but I have no interest in using the same sounds simultaneously. For me it was about transferring them to be able use them on the road without carrying the heavier instrument. I do this with my soft synths. Same deal, I never have copies of them running concurrently...there's no point.
As I'd also said, it's not a topic I'm that passionate about, but I also feel it's not ideal.

I did in fact use this weekend sale to purchase the same sounds I already had, so in reality I accept the way things are, it's a tricky situation for vendors managing software sales. Perhaps in the future there will be a solution to keep both developers and end users happy!
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
As I'd also said, it's not a topic I'm that passionate about, but I also feel it's not ideal.

+1
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a sort of dongle system would be much more flexible, but of course the managing of the dongle and the possible dongle piracy risk might be tricky.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even get Korg thinking about dongles Evil or Very Mad
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
I'm emailing our State Attorney's Office this week here in Florida to find out what the legality is about this. Korg must follow all FEDERAL and STATE laws.

Isn't this a bit excessive for someone who'd be willing to take a huge $$ hit on an exchange for a K2 you know nothing about?

I don't get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: