Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for advice on gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Another dyemention

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Looking for advice on gear Reply with quote

Hello, new here and kinda new to this whole industry. Have some prior experience djing maybe 15 years ago ad looking to get into electronic music production. Problem is, there is way too much to try sorting through and I can't seem to find the correct info to try making a decision on what to buy. I'm not looking for something like an MKII that requires a computer but more along the lines of a electribe. I'm looking to do stuf like Boombox or lotus to progressive house. Nothing too complicated. Clean bass, straightforward beats, and some leads. Obviously I'd like to be able to tweak the sounds as needed but would probably do most of that on the leads. I know this is a very general guide but it should give me plenty of options. Which, ironically, is kind of the problem. It seems like I can pretty much use any hardware out there but it seems every one has some glaring flaw. For instance, I've read in order to make important changes on the electribe, you need to stop the sequencer. Plus if you change patterns, the note gets cut off. I can't justify spending $400 on something if there are issues like that. I realize nothing is going to be perfect but there's gotta be something out there with minimum issues. I'm ok piecing together a kit like a volca beats, touch bass, and a microbrute but I just can't seem to find enough info on anything to be able to make a purchase. My budget will be between $600-$800. All I'm really looking for is something that works. Something that isn't going to require a bunch of workarounds just to make a song. So if anyone can give me some advice on what to purchase that would be great.
DaniH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Roland's MC series for a long time and find the MC-909 is great for using as a standalone console with no computer at all. The first Korg MX is great as well. As for changing patterns and notes getting cut off the MC-909 and MC-808 have patch remain so some sounds have a lap over sound when switching patterns. Not sure about the EMX as I sold mine after a few months of not really using it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: