Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Options for saving sequences?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knobfun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Options for saving sequences? Reply with quote

I'm interested in saving more than one sequence in the Monotribe, so that different pre-written sequences can be accessed in a live situation.

It looks like the closest way would be to connect an Arturia Beatstep and control the Monotribe by CV; at least the Beatstep can save 16 patterns (maybe the Beatstep Pro can save more...?). Any other ideas?

If a MIDI mod is added to the Monotribe, I'm assuming there would still be no way to load saved sequences from a computer by MIDI because there's no MIDI implementation on the Monotribe. (Trying to avoid using a computer with the Monotribe anyway...)

Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You gave the answers yourself...
The MIDI mod allows you to hook it up to a sequencer or a keyboard. Anything with MIDI out sending note events, but it indeed does not allow to download the sequences to the monotribe and use it later on...

Bye.
knobfun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks; I'm now thinking (without needing a MIDI mod on Monotribe):

--save sequences in another groovebox (EMX, etc.);
--control the Monotribe with a MIDI-CV interface, like...

Kenton:
http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/m-cv/prosolo.shtml

Arturia BeatStep Pro (though I'm not quite ready to do a live gig with "10 analogue synths" Wink:
http://arturia.com/beatstep-pro/details

Appreciate any other thoughts...
inrepose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had much luck with sequencing my Monotribe. I have a breakout CV / Gate box I bought on Ebay and it works with the signal from the Beatstep pro but somehow it just sounds wrong. I can't work it out but you basically don't get that nice smooth sound you hear when programming a sequence on the built in ribbon. It feels less refined somehow and a little clicky. I reverted back to just driving tempo into a Volca Beats by Midi from my Beatstep pro and then the tempo flows out via the synch cable into the Monotribe.

You may have more luck than me but I find the ribbon is a better way to sequence than my Beatstep Pro. I agree you get a little chaos then but if you want to record that sequence for playback, you could either save to a DAW or get a looper pedal if you want to stay in the gadget box world. FYI I do a bit of loop recording in this video with the Kaos pad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_06uYp18o
Familyuluvx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help Summary You raised I understand
I need to find More information Of you to share
M.Goop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Ask Korg for this. Reply with quote

Ask Korg for this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: