Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: User Manual Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else but why do Korg not supply a printed user manual with the Pa4x ? I always prefer a printed manual and whilst I realise the manual runs to some 1070 pages ( 535 ) double printed to not supply one for a product at this price point seems a cost cutting policy to me.

While a pdf is useful nothing beats a paper manual in your hand to flick back and forth

Just Saying

Smile
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: User Manual Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but why do Korg not supply a printed user manual with the Pa4x ? I always prefer a printed manual and whilst I realise the manual runs to some 1070 pages ( 535 ) double printed to not supply one for a product at this price point seems a cost cutting policy to me.

While a pdf is useful nothing beats a paper manual in your hand to flick back and forth

Just Saying

Smile

Not really, i totally disagree with you... You cant have any links in a real book...mwhile a digital manuall can have quick links to crossreference information in the same manuall

Also the search function in an over 1000 page manuall is a welcome gift.. Running pdf manualls on the ipad works just perfect..

What i do miss however, is the implementation of the manuall in the instrument itselves... But paper is a thing of the past in my book..
Salto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL..............I printed this at work. HUGE MISTAKE ..............

It will be 5 booklets............

It is sitting on the side of my desk unsure if I will just toss it..............

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already considered getting it printed and yes it would be about 5 books.
That said I already have the manual on my i pad but I prefer the printed form and I like to read a manual as a book away from the instrument where I can just sit a read and bookmark the sections to return as needed.

pdf's save money where a printed manual has cost attached to it, I supposed its the difference between reading a book on a kindle or having the item in your hand.

I prefer the latter

Just Saying
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lots of trees to kill for a manuel that thick! Although I love to hold a real book in my hands, but still I would just use the digital version instead.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know about anyone else but why do Korg not supply a printed user manual with the Pa4x ? I always prefer a printed manual and whilst I realise the manual runs to some 1070 pages ( 535 ) double printed to not supply one for a product at this price point seems cheapskate to me.

Costs of printing, costs to the environment, costs of shipping and the fact that it changes with upgrades and modifications to the keyboard.
Over a ream of paper for EVERY keyboard sold would be ridiculous (for any manufacturer of any product).

Not "cheapskate", more "sensible".

Confused
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have hit the nail on the head, Cost !

The main functions of any instrument along with process will not change significantly or leastwise in 35 years of using all brands of keyboards as well as retailing them the situation you describe is one I have not seen. Any updates could be covered by a pdf of any incremental up but still the major functions do not change so I am afraid I dont buy that.
Cost will be the factor here with Korg not saving a forest and in any case the manual could be printed on sustainable media or recycled paper.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any updates could be covered by a pdf of any incremental up but still the major functions do not change so I am afraid I dont buy that.

...nothing to "buy"....Korg have already done this..... and it was great to get a replacement updated full manual with all the enhancements.

(Adding a ream of paper in terms of weight in every PA4X box would make it unviable, let alone the cost which would end up being passed on to us)
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont believe for a minute that the margin to include a printed manual was and is not available. Take for Example when Triton was released, it came with not one but 2 manuals. When a new os came along yet another manual was released by Korg.
Now when I compare prices of a Triton Pro with the Pa4x they are in the same ballpark. For the price Korg set for the Pa4x they could have not only supplied a printed manual but also installed a SSD instead of a low capacity yesterday year HD along with a Higher quality screen, it always seems that in the MI industry manufacturers use technology that is either low cost or on its way out. The Triton for example was marketed with scssi instead of what was standard at the time USB. EDO Ram modules ! Dont misunderstand the Pa4x is very well built and exudes quality, the Keybed is great unlike the current general trend where keybeds are cheap on many instruments. The Pa4x sounds great and I am having great fun with it but I will be printing the manual which is now in progress which suits me better.
Salto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Since I had printed all 1068 pages i went to STAPLES and had them bind the Manual into 8 separate coiled booklets....Clear cover really slick

8 Volumes cost me $39....Worth it though so I can actually read the Manual

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do the 8 volumes weigh (out of interest)?

Pete Very Happy
bobb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My professionally printed (2) volumes weigh approx. 2.5kg - brilliant.
Bob
Salto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I printed at work so no two sided....

www.stevealtonian.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: