Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Change in Seq Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
80salife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Midi Change in Seq Mode Reply with quote

I want to make some Combinations in Sequence Mode, because sometimes
I Use RPPRs, and only there I can fire them up Smile

Also I use many external sound modules and KRONOS is my center Midi Controller.

Now I ascetrain that in SEQ Mode you cant send Programchange to my other sound modules...

Does anyone have the same experience or has a solution for that prob?

In this moment I have to change to combi, change to the needed number ( than programchange is okay) and change to seqmode with same settings as the combi... (understand?)

Live with stress unpossible...

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
80salife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Idea?

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread?

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102811
pete.m

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can't comment on your combi/seq/RPPR problem, because I never use the RPPR function, but it isn't true to say that you can't send Program Change messages to your external sound modules.

It's usually very simple to do, as long as you have got your sound modules set up to accept Program Changes, and the Kronos set up to transmit on the correct channel. Take a look at Page 1099 in the Parameter Guide manual for a full list of the CCs that the Kronos will transmit. Maybe you just need to record a CC32 for the bank, followed immediately by a Prog Chg event for the program number.

However, it can sometimes take a little time to figure out exactly what works for each sound module. For example, I have two Novation sound modules - a Supernova II, and a KS rack. The problem hasn't been with Program Changes - that is easy enough - but it took a while to figure out how to get the modules to respond to MIDI information such as filter cut-offs and resonance, etc. After some experimentation, I can now do it. However, the Supernova II can only do it via its own front panel knobs and won't respond to the Kronos knobs and sliders, while the KS Rack does exactly the opposite. The difference? I don't know - maybe the MIDI implementation is different in each case. My point is that you will be able to do it - you'll just need to work it out by experimenting on each module in turn. Best of luck!
80salife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thank you for your answers. I know how to make program changes with external sound Modules...

I programed them in a lot of combis... But that change doesn't work in SEQ Mode...

In SEQ I copy from Combi... but program change doesn't work... Unfortunately..

Live:
Studio:
Fibcouple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80salife wrote:
First thank you for your answers. I know how to make program changes with external sound Modules...

I programed them in a lot of combis... But that change doesn't work in SEQ Mode...

In SEQ I copy from Combi... but program change doesn't work... Unfortunately..

I don't know how to record program changes per se but I wonder this will work if in sequencer mode, you set the the midi/sound out to 'both' instead of just 'internal'. I am not next to my Kronos at the moment but I am sure you can find that page. Otherwise let me know & I will look up soon.

By the way, it would be interesting to know how to record the bank/program changes....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: