Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I format a SCSI zip disk with Triton 61? (resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
part12studios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: How do I format a SCSI zip disk with Triton 61? (resolved) Reply with quote

Hi there,

I recently got my hands on a scsi card for a good price and it appears to be in good working order.

I'm running 2.0.1 firmware. I'm not sure how current that is or how to update it if I need too.

I have a classic 100mb zip drive that's served me well for years and it is still doing well. I installed the scsi card and it did show the exb is installed and under "disk" it sees the drive, but sees it as "unformatted". info tab shows the 96mb.. ext.

However my assumption was that utilities would be where I format but the format option is grayed out. I don't know what I need to do to allow this to happen.

It is the original 61 key triton. 48mb ram. no moss board.

I'm also especially excited about the fact that triton can read fat disks which i was hoping would be a good way to move stuff from my mac/pc..

Also trying to be slick I actually formatted the zip disk to fat with my mac, but the triton saw it as unformatted.

I don't need that if it's not practical or possible to work in fat but any advice would be awesome!

Thanks!
Caleb

Last edited by part12studios on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
part12studios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i tried a second disk and i think the other might be soft-locked. a 2nd disk formatted (took forever, almost thought something was wrong) and was able to load a wav from it.

Thanks!
Caleb
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the full format did take a long time to complete. For what it's worth, I think the last (and newest OS was 2.5.1 You can check here http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/
part12studios

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i'll look to update that at some point.. have to figure out how exactly.. i have some pc laptops around. . the mac stuff i think is pre OSX so they don't run on my Mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: