Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Problem..... Reply with quote

Iv noticed something strange happening in style-play mode, when the lower part is being played (held down) with my left hand with a style playing, the full chord sounds from the lower part (i3 strings in this instance) and as I play with my right hand (in split mode) at some point the lower part (i3 strings) drops from the chord im holding with my left hand to a single note, when I repeat this again with the style stopped this does not happen?? It seams as if this is triggered only when the style is running and only when I start playing notes with my right hand (and it's random notes) in GLOBAL - Mode Preference : fingered (3 notes) & Memory Mode: chord + lower, also I'm in "split" mode and "chord scan" in Lower, but I repeat here with out the style playing and repeating the same as above no problem .....any ideas ?

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this testing here if I have ensemble on & in "Block" (upper 1,2, ensemble track assign "normal") and playing this time two notes at the same time with the right hand (upper 1,2,3, Concert grand all different Oct.transpose) this problem described above can be triggered almost instantly but when playing one note at a time with ensemble on it becomes unpredictable & erratic as to when this will happen???

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:04 am; edited 4 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And.......the drum kit seems to be cutting out also but only when the right hand plays those two notes with ensemble track assign in "normal" for upper 1,2, & 3 this time, all upper parts have concert grand (each part is in a different Oct. Transpose) assigned to them with style "Fox swing" variation 4, of course after finding this above problem initially I'm now trying out all theses configurations hens the drum tacks cutting out momentarily & repeatedly now , according to the right hand notes being played, the root of the problem seems to be when ensemble is engaged??.....I wonder what's going on here not very inspiring to say the least ???
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as if Polyphony is running out...too many notes at the same time. Just guessing though.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying there, Yes this did cross my mind, i have not had much time with the pa4x as I would like since purchasing it and group of musician have drafted me in to perform with them and this scenario happened while we where experimenting trying get a sound with the band hens the heavy use of ensemble was being used, it's not something that has happen to me before and would be interested to see if anyone else can replicate this , and is this something that is common that can happen ?.....
ecca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Polyphony running out. Reply with quote

I feel sure the answer lies in over loading and polyphony is not infinite and does run out, this applied to the Yamaha range I used in the past.
ecca
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely this goes for any multi timbral instrument where not stealing or cut notes are evident. Add sustain to sounds and this kind of issue is common I would say.
I have certainly been able to max out various modules and boards over time but as yet have maxed out the Pa4x once ! It just needs thinking about
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well some food for thought there, thanks for everyone's input .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: