Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need advice on whether to purchase the Electribe 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I need advice on whether to purchase the Electribe 2 Reply with quote

Z7A wrote:
JohnnyA wrote:
but my final question is - how flexible are these workstation to create non-techno sounding music? are the waveforms so hopelessly mired in techno culture that i will be disappointed with the unit because everything that comes out of it sounds hopelessly like that 'world' of music?

As a test early on I made drum patterns used in punk and metal with the built in PCM sounds of the e2 synth. But the sampler is more flexible. Using single cycle waveforms you get less depth or complexity of the sound though. I like them both alot. They are far more powerful when used together. And if you use it to control other gear you can create in any style they have sounds for, and there will be no "gap" problem as they create the sounds based on the MIDI note messages. I have made classical music for example.

This part of the answer right here
The electribe is great fun on its own and imho comes together with other gear even more! Picture this: E2 for basses, leads, noises etc. E2S for drums and other samples, and say a minilogue for pads,or an iPad and synth apps and you have an amazing setup for any electronic music making for less than 1500 bucks! Now that may seem expensive but add a mixer in there and it's still less than an analog rytm, so bang for buck it's a winner in my book and all the issues people gripe about disappear if you run it that way!
And if you have doubts about buying one and can't use it at ashore near you check out the 2 threads where forum members have posted their tracks, it's an eclectic mix of styles and some are great!

In my case I have the E2, a second hand MPC 1000 and a blofeld and I think it's amazing together!
thesigma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: I need advice on whether to purchase the Electribe 2 Reply with quote

Z7A wrote:
JohnnyA wrote:
but my final question is - how flexible are these workstation to create non-techno sounding music? are the waveforms so hopelessly mired in techno culture that i will be disappointed with the unit because everything that comes out of it sounds hopelessly like that 'world' of music?

As a test early on I made drum patterns used in punk and metal with the built in PCM sounds of the e2 synth. But the sampler is more flexible. Using single cycle waveforms you get less depth or complexity of the sound though. I like them both alot. They are far more powerful when used together. And if you use it to control other gear you can create in any style they have sounds for, and there will be no "gap" problem as they create the sounds based on the MIDI note messages. I have made classical music for example.

But if you just want to control external MIDI gear, there are far better sequencers available. Also depending on the non EDM type of music the OP wants to make, the 4 bar patterns may be a big annoyance, especially with no song mode.
jpeg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key is they are both very quick to use and fun and u can get a good sounding groove very quickly.

and the sound output is very good, but yes there are alot of limits; but they seem to help format ur creative outbursts, so that u make certain things u might not have madee had those limits been removed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: