Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacked EMX 2 sample mute question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitchblender

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Hacked EMX 2 sample mute question Reply with quote

Hello!

Firstly, I've had the EMX 2 for a good while now and have performed freeform ambient sets with SP-404SX for samples (best memory but sequencer terrible) plus iPad & KP Mini 2 for mainly transitional soundscapes and portability (rucksack only!).

I've been monitoring the hack situation and finally did it with absolutely no hitches by following all of the advice given, so thank you those who investigated & took risks & shared their discoveries. It's actually made me want to get an ESX 2, as the beatmatching is excellent (unlike the SP-404SX). I know I can trigger the SP with the Electribe but it wastes precious channels.

Having played with it for a few days now I can't mute a sample the moment I press the track pad off in mute mode - it plays until the end of the whole sample - so I can't time muting like I could on the Roland gadget.

Is this unavoidable? Am I missing any features? I've RTFM and can't find any solution other than using a filter or the volume pots to cut off the sound, which isn't as immediate as I'd have liked.

Any feedback much appreciated! Will post some jams on YouTube when I get good enough...

Cheers,

pitchblender
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your samples are in one-shot mode. Try going into Sample Edit, set the sample's Loop Start to zero. Hit Write to save the changes. Export All Samples once you've changed the ones you need to change.

Now the sample will play when it's pad/the touchpad is pressed and will stop playing once you release the pad/touchpad.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Pitchblender

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one cheers, I'll try it out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: