Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Mac and X5DR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biolink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: I Mac and X5DR Reply with quote

Hi

my sons are in the idea to re use their old X5DR.

We checked it connected directly to an amp. and usine the demo samples. It works fine.

Now we want to connect the X5DR to an Apple computer such iMac or Powerbook. Unfortunately we can't find any cable to link between the "to host" port and any kind of mac.

is there any solution?

thanks for your help
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive the late response,I only visit this part occasionally.

The pc to host link(being a serial device) will only work with a pc….. Sad
(There is a workaround with various adapters,but better avoided...unless they're readily available for experimental purposes).

For a mac,you will need an interface of some sort….MIDI to usb,for example(MIDI only).
There are many to chose from these days,some are fairly cheap to buy and can work fine….others are more sophisticated,which can include audio to usb as well,but cost more etc.
Do a google search to find out what's available and check out the reviews and specifications etc.
I can't vouch for any new devices,so I suggest you try to research for any potential problems.

As a matter of interest,I have an NX5R,which is similar and use an "old" interface Emagic AMT8 with an iMac/Cubase, which works ok.
The NX5R audio output is routed via a mixer to my Kronos keyboard,which,conveniently converts it to usb and onto the iMac.

However,the initial setting up was not straightforward,especially regarding drivers for a mac etc…but eventually got it sorted.
Although I tend not to use the NX5R much these days,but having it connected as a stand by/additional unit is worth keeping.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: