Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keys not working - no sound or midi function when pressed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingwombat13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Keys not working - no sound or midi function when pressed Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Triton Studio 88 and just came back from holidays and my G3 and C#4 keys are not working - definitely not nice ones to lose!
Everything was working fine before that so I'm a little bummed out right now. I thought about pulling it apart after watching a video of a guy pulling a Triton 61 apart over a similar situation on youtube and then thought it might be wiser to ask on here if anyone elese has had this problem and how they remedied it.
It is well out of warranty now so don't have major issues with pulling it apart, but also don't want to kill myself or the piano.
Taking it to a registered Korg dealer is probably not in the cards as I live in the middle of nowhere.

Any help/advice/schematics would be awesome!
flyingwombat13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: After doing the self-test... Reply with quote

The Combi key is also not functioning... Sad
ziom779

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do factory reset
flyingwombat13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. The only way I can see to do a factory reset is to reload the preload data. If that is the only thing to do... it didn't work!
Is there anything more I can do to reset all functions?
ziom779

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try check the midi signal out of the Korg in some vst/vst host - maybe keyboard is physically broken.
You can also enter the service mode - you must press enter and 0 button, or enter + 1 and find some test for the keyboard.
flyingwombat13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Enter + 0 scared me a little, but still didn't fix anything. Crying or Very sad
flyingwombat13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It played when it received the midi signal, but did't register a midi signal when I pressed either key, soo I think it might be the keybed and button... So not cool! Is there a Korg technician that would be able to fix a broken key or is it doomed?
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Keys not working - no sound or midi function when presse Reply with quote

It's the gremlins.. they may have been inside your TS and made some changes. Sad

Check to see if local control is disable ?
If it is disable the keybed will not function properly, to turn it on..
Go to global mode [midi page], if you see that the local control box is un-check, check it.
Also there is an option for the keyboard to play or to receive odd notes or even notes
be sure that 'ALL' is selected.

let me know if that helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: