Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg SG Rack Problem (Midi Socket i think) help needed quick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waynester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Korg SG Rack Problem (Midi Socket i think) help needed quick Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Something I'd never ever sell is my Korg SG Rack
Have used it since 1999 and it thickens up certain sounds I use in my band
It's now developed a fault, an embarrassing one!
Used it on Saturday night, was playing my Roland Fantom X8 as I always have done since 2005 (which is midi'ed up with my SG Rack)
The SG just started to sustain itself on notes while I was playing the X8, right in the middle of a song
On the back of the SG, the Midi IN socket is completely worn out, so much so that a cable pretty much just falls out, I take it this is probably what's causing this issue?

is it a complicated job to fix this? Do I just buy the part from Korg and remove the old one and click the new one into place? Or more complicated than this?

Desperate to get this fixed ASAP

Crying or Very sad
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sustained notes probably come from note offs not being properly received due to the intermittency of the contacts. There may be a few note ons missing, too, but less obvious, perhaps. It should be a relatively simple matter of replacing the worn out MIDI socket to fix it. It is also worth checking the state of the PCB it is soldered to, in case the repair needs a bit of beefing up with either more solder further up the tracks or some epoxy to give it strain relief. Hopefully it won't be necessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: