Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick question about M3-73 w/ Radias-R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keeverw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Quick question about M3-73 w/ Radias-R Reply with quote

Will it fold down with both modules?
Like for transporting in a hard-case?

Thanks!
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it uses the same hinges as the M3 module.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed. I've done this a number of times without issue.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
keeverw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks!

Next question.

Is there any possible way (even for a handyman like myself) to squeeze an M3 and a Radias Rack into a 61 key M3 keyboard?

Is it even wide enough, if the plastic side were removed?
Does the rail even go all the way across the back?

I've been looking for an additional synth to go with my M3, just mainly to use for sustaining pad sounds, while I transition between patches on the M3.
And I think the Radias Rack would work really well, but I don't know if I want to hassle with selling my KYBD-61 and getting a 76 key, and then all the other parts. By the time I've done all that I probably could've spent all the extra money on a better synth, like a Virus TI Snow, for example.

Still, it would be nice to have everything in one self-contained keyboard workstation.
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
foxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M3 module and the Radias Rack occupy the full width of the 73 note frame. Both will not fit in a 61 frame.
Also,even if you get a M3-73 you will need a MAT tray and a MAL hinge to fit the Radias Rack to the M3 frame. These are extremely hard to find and those that have them are extremely reluctant to part with them.
If you are a competent DIYer you can make up a fully functioning system using aluminium angle but it is complicated and time consuming. It is, however, extremely satisfying!
keeverw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxy wrote:
The M3 module and the Radias Rack occupy the full width of the 73 note frame. Both will not fit in a 61 frame.
Also,even if you get a M3-73 you will need a MAT tray and a MAL hinge to fit the Radias Rack to the M3 frame. These are extremely hard to find and those that have them are extremely reluctant to part with them.
If you are a competent DIYer you can make up a fully functioning system using aluminium angle but it is complicated and time consuming. It is, however, extremely satisfying!

Yeah, I am kicking myself for getting the 61 key instead of the 73 about now.
They were about the same price too.

I may just get a Radias-R and sit it on a table next to my M3.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: i just used an mat tray to get the radias Reply with quote

i just used an mat tray to get the radias on a 61 key bed...

then use the m3m module on another 88 key bed with another mat and radias side by side...
wish they made the 73 and 88 key beds in synth action as well as the hammer action..

love the feel on the 61 bed.... and then you have all the tone range for most synth stuff....

then again the radias r can just go in the midi chain.....
not the same... but it can be mapped to work ok.

I have 2 of my radias r units on the roland gear rack in studio a.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: i just used an mat tray to get the radias Reply with quote

iowagold wrote:
wish they made the 73 and 88 key beds in synth action as well as the hammer action

The 73 is synth action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: