Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help !!! Searching for Wavestation "Snap Synth" e

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo1099

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Help !!! Searching for Wavestation "Snap Synth" e Reply with quote

Hi - I am SO hoping someone can help me. My Wavestation EX just fried it's power supply 1/2 way through my 1st set last Friday. I will be repairing it as time and parts and $$$ all become simultaneously available ... but until then .. does anyone have an emulation or copy of the Wavestation EX patch "Snap Synth" (internal bank 3 patch #0Cool. I am playing in two different bands now and for some reason have grown accustomed to using THAT PARTICULAR PATCH for at least 30 to 40% of the night in one capacity or another. I have replaced the Wavestation with an M50 until it can be repaired - and the M50 can do everything the Wavestation was doing for me EXCEPT that Snap Synth patch ... & I am LOSING IT not having it. Does anyone have an emulation or similar patch to the Wavestation EX "Snap Synth" for an M50?
Korg Oasys 88 #000028, Korg T1, Korg Wavestation-EX, Korg M1 (2), Korg Cx3, Modified Hammond B2, Modified Hammond C3, Hotrodded Leslies (2) 145 & 21H, Kurzweil Micro Piano, Emu Audity 2000, Vintage Keys, Proteus 1 & 2, Digitech VHM5 Vocalist
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some M50 Programs with similarities to the Snap Synth, which for me happens to be Card bank, #8 on the WS-EX.

These M50 Programs are worth trying. None of them are identical to the WS-EX Snap Synth, but they're close enough, and a bit of tweaking might be enough:

D060 Storm Chaser
D064 Attacking Synth
D073 Techno Sink Lead - with a bit of editing
D078 Fear Not
D081 Pulse Morph Lead - the upper half of the M50 keyboard sounds very similar, maybe tweak the keyboard tracking on the M50 so the lower keys are closer to the intended sound.
D083 Stealth Sync Lead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: