Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mp3 to style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: mp3 to style Reply with quote

Does anybody know of a way where for example....
I use the intro to a song using a mp3 then immediately go to the style....
can this be done as a straight continuous flow from one to the other with no gap. I guess put simply can I go from mp3 to a style in one movement is it possible?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a few ways to do that, but none of them will be straight forward.

If you convert the Mp3 to a Wave file, you can load the song into the Sampler of your Pa4X. Once in the Sampler, you can assign the song to a single key of a Multisound. Once as a Multisound, you can create a SOUND that uses the Multisound as a OSC.

In short, you now have at this point you a SOUND that can trigger the Song/Wave file by simply pressing the right Key you assigned the wave file to.

If you now edit your style, you can insert the new sound you made into your Style as the intro.

Regards
Sharp.

Last edited by Sharp on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I can think of a few ways to dot hat, but none of them will be straight forward.

If you convert the Mp3 to a Wave file, you can load the song into the Sampler of your Pa4X. Once in the Sampler, you can assign the song to a single key of a Multisound. Once as a Multisound, you can create a SOUND that uses the Multisound as a OSC.

In short, you now have at this point you a SOUND that can trigger the Song/Wave file by simply pressing the right Key you assigned the wave file to.

If you now edit your style, you can insert the new sound you made into your Style as the intro.

Regards
Sharp.
thank you very much for your help. I am already on a steep learning curve and I don't think I am up to the 4x standard I think I am trying things that take most of the day and I am not making much progress. I will try and tackle the song with your advice. Thanks again johnnie
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't be able to change the key or tempo this way. Also remember that you have a limited amount of ram, if you're thinking of doing this for many songs.

johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
You wouldn't be able to change the key or tempo this way. Also remember that you have a limited amount of ram, if you're thinking of doing this for many songs.

Thank you I am not thinking of doing anymore like this it is just that I have a third party style for Status Quo "Whatever you want" and the intro is not on there and its fairly long, a bit of a build up really it is to accompany singers for a charity concert we are doing in June for a local cancer unit. I have already changed the key and resaved the file in songbook and there won't be a need to change the tempo because I think it is right. just have to get my head around what you are advising me. Thanks
Johnnie
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that the Pa4X can also import midi data from the Sequencer into Style Edit mode.

So, if you were to get a Midi File of the song, you could copy what you need from that into your style.

Regards
Sharp.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm NOT trying to discourage you from using the mp3 file at all, though I just listened to the track on YouTube and man if it were me, I'd totally play that part (or a variation of) myself. It's a fun song! Will it be just an instrumental cover?

johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
I'm NOT trying to discourage you from using the mp3 file at all, though I just listened to the track on YouTube and man if it were me, I'd totally play that part (or a variation of) myself. It's a fun song! Will it be just an instrumental cover?

Thank you for the encouragement I am sure you are right but its the guitar effects in the intro that would be hard to replicate. I have the full midi but the 4x midi to style converter does not recognise the intro and it starts a long way down the line. Thank you for your interest in all of this that must seem a little tedious. johnnie
johnnie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:

Sorry Sam. No not an instrumental but backing for vocals?? JOhnnie
johnnie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Don't forget that the Pa4X can also import midi data from the Sequencer into Style Edit mode.

So, if you were to get a Midi File of the song, you could copy what you need from that into your style.

Regards
Sharp.

I have the full midi Sharp but in the midi to style on the 4x it completely misses the intro and starts at the guitar backing and I am afraid I dont know enough about the 4x to try all these things I only wish I could run before I could walk.Regards Johnnie
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnie wrote:

I have the full midi Sharp but in the midi to style on the 4x it completely misses the intro and starts at the guitar backing and I am afraid I dont know enough about the 4x to try all these things I only wish I could run before I could walk.Regards Johnnie

Hi Johnnie.
Style Edit mode has the ability to copy midi data from the "Sequencer" into a Style. This has nothing to do with the midi file to style conversion function.

Regards
Sharp.
johnnie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
johnnie wrote:

Hi Johnnie.
Style Edit mode has the ability to copy midi data from the "Sequencer" into a Style. This has nothing to do with the midi file to style conversion function.

Regards
Sharp.

Hi Sharp, Thank you very much, A further function I have to learn. It all amazes me how good this 4x is but with all this technology there is a rub there is a big big learning curve. I think the problem for me is I have not had my 4x that long and because of a function I have to perform at I am trying to not only learn the upgrade from 900 to 4x I didn't think there would be so many differences like STS, performances, globals etc plus all the new stuff I have never encountered before. But of course it stops the old brain from getting addled. Thank you for your help I appreciate it. Regards Johnnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: