Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight/Carry Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Flight/Carry Case Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend suitable flightcases or Soft carry cases for the PA4X

If its a Padded Soft case then it needs to be of very good quality. Perhaps you guys out there could throw some links onboard.

John
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Support have a decent softcase but I would only use a full flightcase for any keyboard.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Flight/Carry Case Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
Can anyone recommend suitable flightcases or Soft carry cases for the PA4X

If its a Padded Soft case then it needs to be of very good quality. Perhaps you guys out there could throw some links onboard.

John

Hi John, it may be worth you having a look at the thread from a couple of weeks ago here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102770

My personal case recommendation is there too (despite someone else's reservations about my choice, I still think it's the best option, especially as it has ATA locks and really well protected corners!). PM me if you want to see some images of what the PA4x looks like in the case (I initially took them a couple of weeks ago, to give Jac38 an idea of how the PA4x fits in the case).

I definitely wouldn't suggest a soft case (I initially looked at the semi-rigid Gator case on wheels but am really glad that I didn't get it). Despite the slight difference in the weight (if that is a major consideration), I'd definitely go for a hard case with wheels (like the SKB-5014W ATA 76-Note Keyboard Case with Wheels (slim version) that I recommended to Jac38).

I hope that this helps.

Best wishes,

Jon
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon makes some good points about these cases and I did consider the SKB, the thing is for the money of the SKB you could get something like this

http://www.extreme-case.ro/en/flight-case-korg-pa4x-6176-keyboard/

it is cheaper than the Injection cases, stronger and will take the rigours of the road. Depending on the type of work you do and how your equipment is transported this type of Full Flightcase won't break and is designed for touring.
There are companies in the UK that will make these cases like 5 Star who have made bespoke cases for all my equipment and these cases have never let me down. at 180 euro for this case it is cheaper than 5 Star and better built than the Swan stuff IMHO, with shipping from Budapest it will still be cheaper than a ABS case.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: PA4X Case Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone for your kind suggestions. I have been looking at Thomann in Germany and the Thon range which you can customize. It comes out at about £129
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: