Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muse216

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: midi questions Reply with quote

Back for more...

I am experiencing something very odd concerning my midi work. I use a Korg 01/W and as of late when I do midi work my drums are not working properly. (I never use the Korg on board sequencer - I always use a DAW)

The drum parts seem to play whatever sound they feel like whether they are soloed or played all together...If I solo a snare drum it doesn't always play a snare sound...sometimes it sounds like a kick or a clave or some other drum sound or skips playing at all. The parts never sound like any other instrument but the sounds change and are all different drum sounds. Each time I start over those variables change...it's never the same mess up twice in a row...and occasionally they just play fine for maybe one pass or so...but not often.

I'll spell this out in specifics in a sec...but...all my midi channels seem to work fine except the drum parts.

Now mind you I've been sequencing for over 20 years almost daily and this is a first.

So...I have 2 computers (with 2 sets of midi cables so I know those aren't the issue)...one with Pro Tools and Reason the other with Sonar X2 Producer and Cakewalk Music Creator, and this problem persists in all 4 programs over 2 independent computers so I don't think it's a software issue...Plus the meters play in all the programs except in reason. (There is midi info in the reason event window as is with all other programs but they don't get to the mixer) That in itself is a bit weird...Anyway...I evidently am having major issues.

1. Does anyone really understand why this can be happening, and why only with the drum parts.

I really appreciate any insight on this
Muse216
cntrlchng

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try resetting the transpose at the beginning of your drum part sequence.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Hi eveybody! Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum... My question is about midi controller.
I have a korg wavestation ex and I would to use it as a midi controller in pro tools and ableton. I need only because I wish to use the foot switch as Start/Stop recording on Daw. Please, can you tell me how I have to setup? And, Where I have to connect the jack foot switch?
Many thanks
Sirio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: