Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Electribe Sampler Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disastrous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: New Electribe Sampler Questions Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've just picked up an Electribe Sampler (despite reading a lot about the issues but there's not really much else that works as an all in one sketchpad for ideas like it) and have been coming to grips with it and have a few questions that I can't find in the manual or by searching here (is the manual intended as some sort of existential torture by Korg??):

1). Can you save multiple 'export all samples' banks? I'm not sure of the correct terminology but it occurred to me that a way round the limited memory would be being able to save multiple dumps from the unit - is somethings like this possible? For example, I use my 99 seconds up and then export all samples and then switch off and on, fill up another 99 seconds and export into a different folder? Or does this need multiple memory cards? If not, then I guess a high capacity memory card is pointless!

2). Can you change sample playback mode to gate, or trigger, as per normal samplers? It seems playback behaviour is defined by where you place the loop point, which seems bizarre!

3) Related to the above, can you choose to loop or not loop a sample without having to edit the loop point?

4). A more workflow related question - do you guys use multiple patterns when you want to build up a song? As in pattern one for intro, pattern two for main section or whatever?

5). Are there any good links to how people are using these or more in depth guides to workflow and sample management? I'm struggling a bit to get my head round whether I'm better 'exporting all' or 'exporting sample' and how to load up the blank bank preset I have seen kicking around here and so on...

Apologies for the dump of questions but those are the things I can't seem to get easy answers for and believe me, I spent a late night last night trying to Google it!

Thanks in advance...
_INTER_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm answering these questions out of memory, so I might be wrong. My E2S is sitting around somewhere collecting dust.

(Btw. you get 270 seconds once you delete all factory samples. In the end thats still next to nothing, but atleast thats close to what the ESX had.)

1) No. You need to put the card into your computer, rename the file, and put the card back into your E2S to save the next sampleset. You can atleast load different samplesets once the E2S booted up, however it will always first boot with the file called "e2sSample.all", which is what you get when you save samplesets. Because loading a sampleset and patterns takes half an eternity, this completly destroys any workflow making the feature unusable.

2) No, only looppoint I think.

3) No, set looppoint.

4) I hardly use the thing.

5) Not that I know. For sample management you really need to use a program, there are 3 different available, none made by Korg.
Disastrous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
I'm answering these questions out of memory, so I might be wrong. My E2S is sitting around somewhere collecting dust.

(Btw. you get 270 seconds once you delete all factory samples. In the end thats still next to nothing, but atleast thats close to what the ESX had.)

1) No. You need to put the card into your computer, rename the file, and put the card back into your E2S to save the next sampleset. You can atleast load different samplesets once the E2S booted up, however it will always first boot with the file called "e2sSample.all", which is what you get when you save samplesets. Because loading a sampleset and patterns takes half an eternity, this completly destroys any workflow making the feature unusable.

2) No, only looppoint I think.

3) No, set looppoint.

4) I hardly use the thing.

5) Not that I know. For sample management you really need to use a program, there are 3 different available, none made by Korg.

Thanks for the answers - guessing you've not really bonded with yours?

I'm hoping I do - I bought an SP404sx first and took it back for an exchange for this as I was looking for a sofa-based sketchpad I can integrate with my bigger setup. The 404 is absolutely brilliant fun to play but the lack of pitch or meaningful sequencer was just too limiting ultimately.

Already, I kind of like the 'tribe less to play with, but it does seem more complete, and the only thing shy of an OP-1 that will do the job...

Annoying about the sample set thing. I need to get my head round that in more detail - right now I can't see much point in using a big SD card at all.

The 404 had over 24hrs sample time direct to SD! Insane really - if someone just combined these two units I'd be made up.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a simple new function would be great -

"EXPORT ALL SAMPLE AS.." [Enter characters]
jpeg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sample saving is really poor; its almost going back to floppy disk days or worse, cos each time i turn on the unit I have to manually import each individual sample, smh
_INTER_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the sample saving is really poor; its almost going back to floppy disk days or worse, cos each time i turn on the unit I have to manually import each individual sample, smh
You can import the whole samplepack. There's a naming mismatch (With "All..." and plurals I think) in the menu, but it works.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:

Sounds like you haven't 'saved all samples'.
Kenny B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: how erase samples in the Black ES Reply with quote

I got the black Electribe Sampler. How the heck do you erase those samples one by one to reap the benefits of the 270 second sample time? And how do you Pattern Clear??? Kennyb135@gmail.com
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in this thread here...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=97993

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: