Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Minilogue or Roland System-1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, agree, the build quality of my tb3 is ok, but far from perfect, minilogue looks much more soĺid.
I'have downloded some trial plug outs just to check sound quality, in my opinion they are pretty good. There are some thick basses, nice pads, modern leads. Especialy I like system-1 itself and system 100, others are much simlier.
jpeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
Yes, agree, the build quality of my tb3 is ok, but far from perfect, minilogue looks much more soĺid.
I'have downloded some trial plug outs just to check sound quality, in my opinion they are pretty good. There are some thick basses, nice pads, modern leads. Especialy I like system-1 itself and system 100, others are much simlier.

yeah the arias are all plastic albeit seemingly rugged tough plastic, but the minilogue feels more like a luxury item in comparison

I dont like how it looks with the green lights; but the sound is fantastic defo up there with minilogue and perhaps a slightly warmer tone overall.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I ordered system 1 yesterday. Can't wait to try it, hope I won't have to return it.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my System-1 today, did not have much time to play with it but noticed already it sounds amaizing. BTW the keyboard is no so bad.
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? There's a lot of good in the System-1 no doubt, but that keyboard is basically shyte...only keyboard I've ever seen where the PCB was visible under the keybed, and no velocity (or MIDI velocity response?!) makes it as rough a keybed as my Poly-800ii with its busted face, and that has keytar pegs. Don't spill your beer, or more realistically, make sure you dry your hands really well before use!

...okay, I know I wrote a whole paragraph bitching about one thing, but your System-1 should be a great piece regardless. People say it's one of the best-sounding VA's and I'd tend to agree based on what I demoed. The pitchknob thing is pretty brilliant too and I'd like to see Roland use this on more stuff, lots of fun and practical! It's also really knobby, although the whole lightshow is basically nonsensical distraction where it should be conveying something--anything--meaningful. Pretty cool how you can swap engines too! Overall it's a nice synth that should keep you happy for years to come, especially if you sequence to it.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're rigth. Probably after watching demos I expected the keybord to be even worse so was not disapointed. In fact the keys are pretty solid compare to my previous R3. Yes it is sad that there is no velocity I don't know what made roland do it that way but to be honest I don't care about it much since I'm really bed keyboardist and planning to sequence the synth. Sound is realy good, I have mopho module and don't use it anymore because in my opinion plugouts could give more assuming lots of knobs on system-1. And scatter is pretty cool as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: