Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWB QUESTION: Loading samples with the editor software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jencik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: NEWB QUESTION: Loading samples with the editor software Reply with quote

ok, figured out how to load samples to the MS but i'm still having some issues. basically i want to load samples onto the MS and use it like a glorified SK-1/SK-5 but when i load the samples, they only stretch over some of the keys. I end up with about 1/2 keys with no sound. i'm thinking maybe i have the sample rate set to high which won't allow me to stretch the samples over the entire keyboard. i think this is probably super simple. hope somebody can help.
Weirdofromouterspace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you choose Sample Mode or Keyboard Mode as required.

Sample Mode = Each Sample is assigned to one key. If there are keys without an assigned sample, the next higher sample will be played in an accordingly downtuned pitch.

Keyboard Mode = One Sample is being used for the entire keyboard and played at different pitches depending on what key you press.

This is referenced in the manual, page 16.

BTW, the Korg microSampler makes a nice Mellotron substitute. That's what I mostly use mine for Very Happy .
Kawai: K1
Roland: JX-03
DIY: MFOS Sound Lab Mini Synth Plus | MFOS Sound Lab Ultimate & Expander | MFOS 12-Band Vocoder | TTSH | Jasper | ARP 1601 Sequencer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: