Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg LE sampling from MP3 or audio CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
96th_Malice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Korg LE sampling from MP3 or audio CD Reply with quote

Good afternoon all

I just picked up a Korg Triton Le 76 to replace my 61 note Le that has a few faulty number pad keys.

The Triton has always been part of my live rig but recently got bumped down by the Krome.

My main keyboard is an Oasys BUT that never leaves the house as I'd hate for something to happen to it while I'm out playing cover songs.

ANYWAYS

The Le76 came with the sampling expansion board ... 16mb ram and 128mb SD card for additional storage.

No idea what use this is .......no joke lol

Even reading through the manuals .... I'm not quite sure what use this may provide me.

I guess my question is .... there are parts of songs / noises and maybe a few " strange " intro parts that are next to impossible to duplicate that I'd like to use

Basically .... Can recording audio off my PC / iPad or android phone be sampled and used from the Trition?

Anything I've found online has basically been guys sampling drum loops from a certain file format ..... I don't need drums ..... I have a drummer

Any insight on what I can / can't sample would be awesome.

Thanks
hacksaw15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I still use my Triton le. I sample intros and parts I can't play. I also midi it to my MOX6. When just using pianos and ep's the sounds are coming from the MOX. I can't afford a new board that can sample. The Le is still a great board. You can sample from just about any audio source that will plug into the sample jacks.
96th_Malice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I finally got it somewhat figured out

I will tell you though ..... Thank god there are editors I can use on the PC to edit BEFORE sampling on the Le

I can't imagine anyone actually trying to use the Le's editing function and NOT smashing the keyboard Shocked

As of today .... I've decided to get rid of both Le's .... The Krome and maybe the OASYS in favour of a Kronos

Now that I now what I can do with sampling ..... The Kronos is a much better ( and simpler ) live option for me

Thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: