Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sustain pedal in karma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: sustain pedal in karma Reply with quote

i've come to a brick wall, it seems.

i've got a pa3x that is slaved to the Kronos...firstly cos i send a click track very easily to my drummer from the pa3x and secondly i have a sustain pedal in the Kronos that id like to control the 3x with as well, more for convenience.

in combi mode, the pedal works as it should with and without karma on.

in program mode the sustain pedal midi messages stop transmitting from the Kronos as soon as karma is switched on?

any idea why?

many thanks in advanced,
Sal
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global mode has midi routing set up under Midi tab that sets up the Midi route for in and out.
But i assume if that were not set to where it needs to be, you would be having issues with Combi mode also.
So i am not sure whats going on.

Karma in Program mode does have a midi filter set-up that includes Damper(sustain pedal) assignment which can be selected or not. I see it listed as CC#64 for sustain-pedal/Damper.
It also has a CC offset option where you can set values 000-127 to whatever CC# you put in. It allows a list of four CC#s to be adjusted.

Program Play mode, enter "Karma" tab, then enter "common" tab and then enter "Midi Filter CC offset" tab. Look at "receive Midi filter" and "transmit Midi filter" selections and you will see the CC# assignments to the filters and also the on or off selection box for each.
I am not sure if this will help, but its the only place in program mode Karma set up where is see action possible for managing sustain through midi.

There may be possiblity through any AMS set-up in any program where sutain pedal CC#64 has been routed for something, but i am not sure if that would interfere with it working how you want it to.
Thats all I could think of and I'm not sure if it will help but its worth a try if you havn't already.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 19naia has indicated, it is likely that the particular program you are using has the damper (sustain) pedal filtered when KARMA is on.

KARMA > MIDI Filter/CC Offset > Receive MIDI Filter

stalian87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the response!
unfortunately i've tried all that already to no avail. but i think we're on the right track thinking there's a midi message obviously being stopped from going out once Karma starts! it's not a big deal for now. I'll just need to create combis every time i need to use both keys with the pedal
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first thought when i read your post. Simply using Combi mode for your programs is the easiest option if the problem can't be traced. I'm still curious though about whats going on with your Karma module in program mode where Damper is applied.
I think the next best thing to explore is that the problem is not on the Kronos but in the midi set up of the other keyboard. Maybe the other board has a midi receive and transmit filter related to the damper function.
check the other board's midi details which i would know nothing about unless i had one myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: