Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

well....goodbye Electribe, hello Circuit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
dont tell me foregoing the groove templates for each individual track on my es2 - to lay my drums jammed to a grid... is a good idea. They are part of me now and I am not going to give them up at this stage

I am so with you on the groove templates! I avoided using them for so long until one day (actually last week). I spent time on them looking for new way to get a good beat and there it was, pure magic.

Now when I "Start Something" I start with the Groove templates. Now I have gotten used to using them for my bass and rhythm synth lines. Groove templates were the missing link LOL LOL.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
jpeg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

circuitghost wrote:
The Circuit's not so much about the feature, but rather the way it's designed. I think it's of little relevance what it can and can't do, compared to the Electribe Sampler. It's the way you play it and work with it that makes it different, not the number (or lack thereof) of voices and features.

Ironically, it's the other way around with the Electribes. They're quite fleshed out when it comes to features, but it's the way you play them and work them that stands in their way.

I think all these design limitations are intentional; offering 4 sample voices on the circuit in 2016; and all these other sill limitations with the korg voices dropping out, there is no need, that would be like them selling a new computer 512 MB ram in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Planned obsolescence or built-in obsolescence in industrial design and economics is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become obsolete, that is, unfashionable or no longer functional after a certain period of time.

Producers that pursue this strategy believe that the additional sales revenue it creates more than offsets the additional costs of research and development and opportunity costs of existing product line cannibalization. In a competitive industry, this is a risky strategy because when consumers catch on to this, they may decide to buy from competitors instead.
Degree11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: The Circuit is a Circuit and E2 is a E2 Reply with quote

I have both and I must say I lean towards the E2. It's an all in one unit and packs way more sounds and features hands down.
The Circuit on the other hand is built around Grid Sequencing and that with Scales, Sample flip and Chords is pretty cool. It is like a E2 and E2S in a little box, although you need the synth editor to tweak the Voices and hop online to load samples and that my friend is...stupid because no media card slot, not even micro SD...what!?
To tell you the truth the sequencing play around with tracks is fun, many varieties can be made on the fly. So yeah the sequencing I think stands out with the Circuit real old school flava.
That's my say.
bladuck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:

I think all these design limitations are intentional; offering 4 sample voices on the circuit in 2016; and all these other sill limitations with the korg voices dropping out, there is no need, that would be like them selling a new computer 512 MB ram in 2016.

No there are NOT intentional, the battery life is why we have these limitations. The DSP chips running on battery can only push so much of power ... and say if you wanted to put a smart battery (lithium) in the Circuit, Electibe what ever the price tag would easy go up by $100.. .
So we need to wait another 2-3 years for better DSP chips. The money for R&D of these chips (DSP) is not as rich as say Intel mobile CPUs R&D (Research & Development) ...

Plus there is the new sweet spot for the 21st century ... a noise making machine for around $400, it is the magic number where wife does not need to intervene with the approval process. And for $400 the manufacturer can do only so much. Long gone is time of keyboard workstations ...
bladuck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

circuitghost wrote:
The Circuit's not so much about the feature, but rather the way it's designed. I think it's of little relevance what it can and can't do, compared to the Electribe Sampler. It's the way you play it and work with it that makes it different, not the number (or lack thereof) of voices and features.

Totally agree,... These days, the workflow is more important than features
BTW those two voices can be like 4 tracks on E2. With NC you have 6 POLY voices per synth and you can tune them that you play bass and arp on the same track. I own both and love both.

You can check my stuff here
https://www.youtube.com/c/FunkTree
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: