Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES2 adding artefacts at end of samples after new import:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colulizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: ES2 adding artefacts at end of samples after new import: Reply with quote

Hi all
strange issue I found last night - but I did not have enough time to investigate in depth. I'll try to do it tonight or tomorrow - but in advance I was wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour.

I imported a load of samples onto a new card (which had been formatted). I used a blank all sample file, and one of the sample managers to load up the card.
When I imported the all sample all the samples seem to be there and play fine. HOWEVER..... the sample plays and then after it ends there is some kind of artefact - so a cymbal sound, or a guitar riff or somethin.
It's easily addressed by lowering the release time and cutting it off - but i now need to see what has gone wrong.
Also - the samples wouldn't save before shut down.

Anyway... i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
I am thinking of reformatting the card and trying again (and triple checking the actual samples on the PC before importing next time).
Cheers
Luke
colulizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be that I put the all file in the wrong location.
Should this matter?

For instance.... if i wanted to have multiple all files to load on one card shouldn't i be able to save them anywhere?
Brakio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi colulizard,

colulizard wrote:
It might be that I put the all file in the wrong location.
Should this matter?

the e2sample.all file loaded by the electribe should be at the following location on your SD card:

KORG/electribe sampler/Sample/e2sSample.all

colulizard wrote:
For instance.... if i wanted to have multiple all files to load on one card shouldn't i be able to save them anywhere?

you can put what you want where you want on the SD card, but the only ".all" file that will be loaded when starting the electribe will be the one I just mentioned above.
So, you can store other ".all" file anywhere, but you will need to move the one you want to use with the electribe (or copy it) at that location.

colulizard wrote:
I imported a load of samples onto a new card (which had been formatted). I used a blank all sample file, and one of the sample managers to load up the card.
When I imported the all sample all the samples seem to be there and play fine. HOWEVER..... the sample plays and then after it ends there is some kind of artefact - so a cymbal sound, or a guitar riff or somethin.
It's easily addressed by lowering the release time and cutting it off - but i now need to see what has gone wrong.

This could be:
- a bug of the sample manager. If it is mine : Oe2sSLE , please give more details in the corresponding thread (or on github) so I can correct this.

- or your samples may be not well cut at a zero-crossing. Try to change the sample end point to see if it changes something.

- or you may have some (master) effect active?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: ES2 adding artefacts at end of samples after new import: Reply with quote

colulizard wrote:

Also - the samples wouldn't save ....
Luke

Ive had this happen before, usually one 'bad' sample in there somewhere.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakio wrote:
you can put what you want where you want on the SD card, but the only ".all" file that will be loaded when starting the electribe will be the one I just mentioned above.
So, you can store other ".all" file anywhere, but you will need to move the one you want to use with the electribe (or copy it) at that location.

I don't think you need to move the .all file you want to load to that location, you can load it up from a different folder on the card, but if you export all samples at the end of the session then it will overwrite the one in the default location I believe. I'm at work now so don't have my electribe handy to test it.
colulizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All
thanks for your replies.

It seems the issue is the location of the all file. When I move the all file to the correct location (as pointed out) the artefacts disappear.

So now i just need to wonder best way to store multiple all files... One per SD card or lots on one SD card but swap the file about before firing up the ES2.

I love the ES2 mostly... but sample management is a bitch. It's just a good job I enjoy playing it. In fact, once I got over the artefact issue, insteading of using the spare hour I had examining the problem in greater detail I just started banging out some rhythms with the new samples I'd loaded. Embarassed
_INTER_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep an empty dummy .all file in root location on SD card. Put your different .all file in a folder.
-> Load other .all files after you started up (which is faster with the empty file)
colulizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
Keep an empty dummy .all file in root location on SD card. Put your different .all file in a folder.
-> Load other .all files after you started up (which is faster with the empty file)

Hi Inter
So if i have a blank all file in the root directory I can set up multiple folders with full all files, and load them after startup?
I think this is maybe where I went wrong. I'll give that a whirl when I have time (My weekend is now starting to look busy Very Happy - I will apologise to my girlfriend in advance.... she is patiently pretending to be interested in my sample loading problems)
_INTER_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The root file doesn't have to be blank, just loads faster. So if you intend to swap .all a lot anyway after startup that makes it a bit better, because each time it takes close to a freaking minute. My root file has my main samples.
All your other .all's can be in one folder. Just don't have more than one in root. I guess that was what caused you problems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: