Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electribe sample 2 unknown error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STk3000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: electribe sample 2 unknown error Reply with quote

Ok so I got the electribe sampler for quite a while now. I'm using electribe sample manager in order to import my samples into the machine. Now i got a whole lot of samples that I managed to get in when I got it (last autumn) but somehow the newer ones that I'm trying to get into now (drum machine one shots) always give me "unknown error" when i'm trying to import them from korg's menu into the oscillators, so I can play with them,

Anyone getting this? how to solve it? i'm running os 1.15 - latest.

Also, some one shot samples have a long decay/release that usually contains other sounds, totally irelevant to the sample. So some of them are for example bass shots, after the initial attack that sounds right and correct i get all tons of artifacts and sounds that I don't know where are coming and have to get rid of them using the decay knob in the amp. Anyone experienced this?

Catalin
13enti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

In regards to importing samples, I just got mine to work. TL;DR: Electribe needs samples as 16 bit WAV in PCM format. I had to use a converter (e.g. Sox) to get the ES2 to take my samples.

Point you in the direction of this thread for more info. http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101066&highlight=incompatible+wav
colulizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: electribe sample 2 unknown error Reply with quote

STk3000 wrote:
...Also, some one shot samples have a long decay/release that usually contains other sounds, totally irelevant to the sample. So some of them are for example bass shots, after the initial attack that sounds right and correct i get all tons of artifacts and sounds that I don't know where are coming and have to get rid of them using the decay knob in the amp. Anyone experienced this?

Catalin

I had that issue with the artefacts.
For me it seemed to be having the all sample file they were loaded on in a different folder. For isntance - when i moved the file to the standard directory location the issue went away .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: