Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX + iPad w/M-Audio Midisport Uno?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: EMX + iPad w/M-Audio Midisport Uno? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to hook their EMX up to an iPad using this setup?

If not, does anyone have any experience with any connection between the two (without another device, i.e. laptop) involved? I've done some searching, but haven't found an answer that satisfies yet.

Thanks in advance!
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you planning on doing?
Sync or sequencing iPad synths from emx?
I use a Alesis io dock 2 and really like it
No set up, it's plug and play, it sounds good enough to use the iPad as both a touch screen sound module and to use as an fx unit for my other gear
Plus it has both midi cables in and out and USB midi in so I have the option how to connect it
It doesn't quite fit my iPad Air so I used some thin wrapping foam stuff to fill in the dock and now it's snug and secure.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just syncing for now. I've looked at various docks over the years and am coming around to the idea that that may be the way to go.

I may go get the UNO just to try it, though, providing I can return it if it doesn't work properly. We'll see ... it's really just a PITA to have to do that just to see if it works, you know?
Pitchblender

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an UNO MIDI interface with the iPad 2, mainly to transfer arps to the EMX2. Works in a NON-POWERED old USB 2.0 hub with Edirol UA-5 soundcard, which has coaxial digital in/out, which I use with my desk. Have used iPad 2 as FX unit too with NO LOSS of sound as it's all via the CCK dongle...

I could do with a Scarlett 2i4 though, as it's audio and MIDI all in one unit with no external power supply needed, but can't afford...
thesigma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an iconnect midi2 to control various gear, including all. Electribes, with midi designer pro. With this I can make a mixer screen that has all Chanel's of the emx on it, or x-y controllers for the 3 fx. I've only had midi designer a couple days but it's super easy to setup with midi learn

Korg gear I've used extensively:
M1, Triton Pro-x 88, SG-1D, NanoPad, NanoKontrol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: