Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loading Triton samples into KORG PA4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: loading Triton samples into KORG PA4X Reply with quote

Hi,

Still awaiting delivery of my PA4X which should take place in the course of this week.
Have been in touch with K-sounds about the samples they sell , in particular their piano samples seem to be very good, see their webpages, but most of them are for the Yamaha Motif series. However they also provide those samples in Korg Triton format. I wrote them a mail about this and about the possibility to import them into the PA4X and Kevin wrote to me the following reply:

Hi John,
Thank you for your reply. My understanding from the Pa4X manual is that the Pa4X will load both KMP and KSF files. You would want to load the KMP files to avoid recreating the multisamples from scratch. The manual indicates that the keyboard can load Triton programs from Triton PCG files. Not all Triton’s PCG data are imported. Insert FX, EQ, Arpeggio, Combi, Global and Drum Kit data are not loaded.

If you would like to test loading Triton files on the Pa4X, please click here to download a demo version of Epic Grand. The programming is the same as the full version, but sample data covers a limited set of notes.
click here is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9r306ragp6dv6d/Epic_Grand_Triton_Demo.zip?dl=0

Perhaps some of you might already want to give it a try ???

regards,
John Smies
kowakorg9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Triton samples Reply with quote

Just a point of interest.

I used to have an M3 synth and successfully loaded many of those program sounds into a Korg Krome.
I had the Triton sounds too downloaded, and these all worked well on the Krome. I had the original Triton pro and most of the sounds were a good representation of what I recall, but is difficult to really tell, unless you have the original instrument side by side.
(Try convincing a hammond organist his hammond sounds can be exactly reproduced on a synth by sampling and you will have an interesting conversation !)

Many of the sounds on the Korg M3 were prefixed "Ex" from the expanded sound set, and I was surprised that with a few exceptions, these too loaded into the Krome, and played fine. Some just didn't want to know and would not play.

I also sampled myself some voices successfully (in the most part) from M3 and Krome to a Yamaha Motif XF synth, but some of those did not transfer well.

I have a Pa4X pro, and have yet to try the Triton sounds / samples. It is one thing transferring samples which have been set up by a programmer or manufacturer, quite another thing to sample from scratch yourself, which is both time-consuming and complex. I have tried both.

Had a lot of success with making percussion samples from a Kurz PC3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: