Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Circuit w/sample playback = Perfect electribe companion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Circuit w/sample playback = Perfect electribe companion Reply with quote

Korg please take note. Novation is kicking your ass in the product support department!

For all you electribe friends who either decided to pair your electribe with a Novation Circuit or who might be considering the possibility you'll want to read this: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2016/04/make-novation-circuit-your-own-with-updates-browser-tools/

In addition to a bunch of other great updates Circuit can now play back up to 60 seconds of user samples in 64 slots! It doesn't have the amount of sample tweakability the Volca sample has, but it holds the same amount of samples and you have 2 fully tweakable Nova-based synths, effects and 8 bars to work with per part. Not sure if the samples can be stereo but I wouldn't count on it. They developed this unit into quite a beast, I have to say.

For me this means I'll sequence all my drum parts on the Circuit with custom samples and then the E2S can be used purely for mangling stereo samples since I have to worry about voice stealing a lot less.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just testing here, sounds like the samples are converted to mono when you send them to Circuit. Otherwise it works great, sweet update!
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Novation creates nice innovative stuff and supports it very well. The Circuit just keeps getting better and better.

The biggest edge the electribe series still has for me is external audio. The stereo input functions as a 2-channel summing mixer - I run 2 analog synths through the input.

And of course, the part I dedicate for external input gets to go through the synth engine - that's a filter, the Modulation, the edit knob for overdrive, the insert effect, and on to the master effect if I want. And I can set aside multiple parts to process the audio - things get big fast.

The circuit is brilliant, affordable, cool, immediate - but it does not beat the Electribe's I/O, the metal case, and the computer-free real-time editing.

Korg hits it and quits it, and sells old tech until the orders dry up. Novation keeps getting headlines and new reasons to consider every time they add a feature.
jreign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice of Novation. It's like getting a new device for current owners. Makes me want to buy one now. Teenage engineering about to unleash an OP-1 update in a month or two that caters to some popular requests. Really hope Korg can do the same. I love my ES2 for what it is, but would be nice for Korg to show users some support love.
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:
Just testing here, sounds like the samples are converted to mono when you send them to Circuit. Otherwise it works great, sweet update!

you know, I bet a lot of people would benefit from you doing a brief update to your original youtube review that speaks to these new additions.

Smile
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I bet that might happen.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmoismogwai wrote:
Tarekith wrote:

you know, I bet a lot of people would benefit from you doing a brief update to your original youtube review that speaks to these new additions.

Smile

Looking forward to seeing this as well.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:

If you could show the 2 together in a video that would be amazing, show if and how they might complement each other
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:

I would be interested in that, too. Your gear reviews always impress, inform, and answer my questions. I'll go watch your first Circuit review here shortly.

I've played a little bit with one at Sweetwater, but at the time I wasn't overly impressed. That said, with this update, it might be a good companion to my EMX (having gotten rid of the Electribe almost a year ago).
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna here your voice again
Laughing
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
I just wanna here your voice again
Laughing

Stalker.

Just kidding. =)
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Yes, Novation creates nice innovative stuff and supports it very well. The Circuit just keeps getting better and better.

The biggest edge the electribe series still has for me is external audio. The stereo input functions as a 2-channel summing mixer - I run 2 analog synths through the input.

And of course, the part I dedicate for external input gets to go through the synth engine - that's a filter, the Modulation, the edit knob for overdrive, the insert effect, and on to the master effect if I want. And I can set aside multiple parts to process the audio - things get big fast.

The circuit is brilliant, affordable, cool, immediate - but it does not beat the Electribe's I/O, the metal case, and the computer-free real-time editing.

Korg hits it and quits it, and sells old tech until the orders dry up. Novation keeps getting headlines and new reasons to consider every time they add a feature.

How do you run two synths into the audio input? Witha splitter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: