Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X3 Display Backlight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lukejohnstone1990

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Korg X3 Display Backlight Reply with quote

Hello ladies and gents,

I have acquired a Korg X3, and I absolutely love the sounds that come out of it! However, the LCD display is now pretty dim (EL panel failing). I just wanted to find out if anyone has replaced the whole display and found an equivalent LED display, instead of using the EL panel driven display. This is something I'd be keen to do with my X3, as I don't relish the thought of buying a new EL panel for it to just die again, when an LED backlit display would last so much longer! Your help would be much appreciated : )

Luke
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luke,

I've got bad news for you mate... there's no chance to replace the LC-Display by a 'common type' LCD Sad
The reason is it's a custom made display - see X3 specifications at page 187 of the operating manual. I recommend to replace the EL foil with a new one - those foils they sell today DO last longer due to technical improvements in manufacturing process over the years...

For a replacement you may have a look here (the Korg X3 is amongst them...):

http://www.backlight4you.com/EL-Panels/EL-Replacements:::46_130.html?language=en&MODsid=d1e0fbce9293c9fe672c5d412c460448

Hope this helps...

Regards,
the_crimson_thunder

P.S. this one seems to be the suitable foil:

http://www.backlight4you.com/EL-Panels/EL-Replacements/EL-Panel-pink-white-39mm-x-93mm-laminated::913.html?language=en
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should all else fail get a gooseneck littlite, I have mine velcroed to my keyboard for my DR-660.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: