Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Sp-200 one note plays way louder than the rest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus Gardiner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Korg Sp-200 one note plays way louder than the rest Reply with quote

G'day, i hope someone can help me. the e note below middle c is playing way louder than the rest. i have turned off touch sensitive and it doesn't make any difference. can anyone help me please? someone else posted the same question a year and a half ago but didn't get much help.
Thanks, Gus
martinjamming

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to this forum exactly because of the same reason except for the piano model...

I own a SP 170-S, and it suddenly lost its touch-sensitivity capability on middle C#, then the same issue started affecting other keys. You can watch the video for further clarification:

Does anybody know if there's anything we can do about it? It really ruins the playing.

I'm so disappointed Sad
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't panic - Most Korgs use rubber contacts that measure the velocity of the keys and they can wear out. Usually they get a small tear in the rubber.
I have replaced mine on my Korg pa a few times and you should be able to buy them from here:
http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg/korg-keys-octave-sets
(See page 2 for the SP170 Rubber Contacts)
They are normally sold in strips that do about 12 notes but I always buy an extra strip for spares - they are very cheap only a few dollars.
You will need to open up your keyboard for access but if should be fairly easy to do. On mine I found I had to use an unfolded paper clip or piece of wire to poke the rubber strip in place.
Regards,
John
Sbando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Sp 170s key sensitivity problem Reply with quote

Dear Reuben
It seems you are quite conversent with the Korg digital piano keys sensitivity problem...I n my Korg Sp 170s certain keys are playing very loud and vice versa...I saw ur previous post but can you suggest any visual tips for opening the piano to get access to the rubber pads..if you can it will be of great help...then I can open it myself and get it rectified cheaply just paying for the rubber pads or may be who knows only cleaning the pads can get rid of the problem.
ddpianoman

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same issue but not on a weighted keyboard.My Triton LE 61 has a 3 rd octave B note that has no sensitivety to touch. Its like I am striking it full force when I play it standing out badly. I took the keyboard out and cleaned everything I could and sprayed some compressed air to no effect. It looks fine visually. Any idea what it might be? I am going to plug it into another keyboard and run it midi and see if its the keyboard problem or in the electronics. But I cant for a few days. In the mean time, any ideas?
Johnmak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has just happened to my Korg pa4x.
Is it likely to be the same cause and remedy?

Kind regards
JohnMak
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to likely cause and remedy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: