Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleaning under E2/E2S screen protector?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiki_lamb

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Cleaning under E2/E2S screen protector? Reply with quote

I seem to have gotten a cat hair and a few specks of dust underneath the plastic protector covering the LCD screen.

I've tried shaking the device to see if I could dislodge them, no luck.

Has anyone tried disassembling their E2/E2S to clean under the screen protector? How long it did it take you? What steps were involved? Any particular steps to watch out for/be careful when performing?

Thanks.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth doing. 15 minutes the first time you do it. A day later when you notice a spec of dust you left behind, it will only take 10 minutes.

Remove all knobs.

Remove all the screws on the bottom of the unit, plus one that's in the battery compartment. Open up the unit.

You'll need to unscrew the board that has the display, the jacks, unhook the ribbon cables, etc.

The most complicated aspect is re-assembly. Getting the xy pad cover, display cover, and rubber pads to line up perfectly as you re-assemble it upside down is the only tricky bit. The xy pad in particular requires a little finesse due to a short connector length - you'll see.

Use a few mugs for screws, don't work over a carpet. Carpets are great at eating dropped screws, and also can create static.
thesigma

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Use a few mugs for screws, don't work over a carpet. Carpets are great at eating dropped screws, and also can create static.

Good advice, and I'll add, if you work over a hard surface and drop a screw, it can easily end up miles away and be just as difficult to find....it inevitably will end up under a piece of furniture in the opposite direction of where it sounded like it bounced.....

Korg gear I've used extensively:
M1, Triton Pro-x 88, SG-1D, NanoPad, NanoKontrol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: