Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X5D and Finale Speedy Entry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bopeuph

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Korg X5D and Finale Speedy Entry Reply with quote

Hey guys, first time poster!

I've had a Korg X5D for around a decade now, and the thing is still in the same condition when I got it. I'm not a keys player, but I use the instrument for note entry into Finale.

I've run into an issue lately with my last two computers. It wasn't a big deal with the last one, since it was a laptop and I was regularly doing my engraving away from home, but now that I have a new desktop, I'd like to fix this.

Since the keyboard isn't 88 keys, I regularly have to transpose up or down an octave to use it to input extreme registers. But the new computer isn't recognizing the transposition. If I have both audio and MIDI out turned on, you'll hear the keyboard's patches transposed, but the MIDI sounds in Finale are still in the same octave.

I've been using transpose in the Global menu to go up/down an octave. Is there a better way to do this?

I've checked the menu "2C OUT SEL" to make sure it's set to MIDI, and it is.

Are there any experts here that can solve this issue?

Edit: In case it matters, here are my specs:

Korg going out into a Scarlett 8i6 interface, which is then into my computer via USB, and using Finale 2014.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: