Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arranger Newbee Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Arranger Newbee Questions Reply with quote

All questions about the Pa 4X specifically

1. Can the front or rear USB ports support small USB LED single stalk powered lights? = FRONT ONLY

2. Can sounds from either a Wavestation or Oasys (both Korg kbd workstations) be imported into the Pa 4X? OR can they be played from Pa 4 X, or both?

3. Does anyone know what the size of the 4X 76 internal drive in GB or MB is? = 500 GB

4)Is there a limit on the size of SD card in GB?

5. Can I transfer songs from a Mac Laptop to the Pa 4X? If so how? = Use DEVICE cable to REAR port

6. Can a TC Helicon Voice Live 3 be plugged into the rear mic jack and used instead of the onboard TC setup?[color=darkred] = YES

Last edited by kenackr on Thu May 19, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
stephenm52

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Arranger Newbee Questions Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
All questions about the Pa 4X specifically

3. Does anyone know what the size of the 4X 76 internal drive in GB or MB is?

I was told it is 500 gigabytes
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephenm52,

Thanks for the response!

500 GB seems quite robust, in fact it surprises me it's so much. Things must have changed in the 9 years since my last purchase of the Oasys. Well, we all know that price of electronic parts & memory have come down quite a lot.

Thanks again.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front USB port will power a light. The rear one will not, at least for me.
broker22

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: voicelive 3 Reply with quote

I plug the voice live 3 into the headphone jack of the keyboard than run the cables from the voice live 3 into the jacks on my br1600 every thing works great Cal.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
The front USB port will power a light. The rear one will not, at least for me.

Don, Thanks. I didn't want to plug 'em in and then cry when smoke came out of 4X Smile on a brand new machine.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: voicelive 3 Reply with quote

broker22 wrote:
I plug the voice live 3 into the headphone jack of the keyboard than run the cables from the voice live 3 into the jacks on my br1600 every thing works great Cal.

broker22,
That is an interesting approach. Let's see if I understand what you mean. You plug a VL3 output (headphone) into br1600 input jack(s), (I assume the br1600 is some sort of amp/mixer.) capturing the the entire 4X mix.

Does that mean you are not using the VL3 specifically for vocals but for FX on the entire mix? Do you plug a mic in to either the 4X or the VL3? OR do you not use a mic?
broker22

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: voicelive 3 Reply with quote

Hi yes goes like this keyboard headphone jack into aux jack on voicelive 3 TRS cable 1/4 in" on keyboard to 1/8 in" on voicelive 3.Than I plug my mic. and xlr cables into back of voicelive 3 and other end into BR1600 yes I use my mic. for vocals throught voicelive 3 I use my voicelive 3 for all my vocals hope this helps you Cal.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broker22,

Glad you like the sound the way you set it up. DO you feel it adds to better sound than using the onboard Vocal FX in the 4X?

Did you consider just using a mic through the VL3 so only the mic would get the VL3 FX?

More times than not today, different FX are put on vocals to help them standout from the instrument mix with its own flavor of FX.
broker22

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Voice live 3 Reply with quote

I only use the FX on the voice live 3 I don't use any of the vocal stuff on the keyboard Cal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: