Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ando727

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siwaj11 wrote:
Oh by the way im working in UAE so expect extreme temperature here. normal temperature even night time is 48-50 somethimes beyond 50C. imagine using your kronos in a place without AC. or doing outdoor gigs. basically we can't rely on our KK if we use them outdoors? i mean to those people who are using there kk to a country with extreme temp like UAE.

Seriously, who does outdoor gigs in 50C? I think that person's biggest problem is their job description rather than the cooling capacity of their keyboard!
Kronos 2 88, Korg T1, Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90, TC G-major II.
siwaj11

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ando727 wrote:
siwaj11 wrote:
Oh by the way im working in UAE so expect extreme temperature here. normal temperature even night time is 48-50 somethimes beyond 50C. imagine using your kronos in a place without AC. or doing outdoor gigs. basically we can't rely on our KK if we use them outdoors? i mean to those people who are using there kk to a country with extreme temp like UAE.

Seriously, who does outdoor gigs in 50C? I think that person's biggest problem is their job description rather than the cooling capacity of their keyboard!

nice comment ando72! it doesn't help! for your info here in UAE 48c-50c is a normal temp for those people who lives here. even evening time tempture is the same. yes you're right "who does outdoor gigs in 50C?"
but my point here is to find out the solution of kk issue if someone encounter same like these! and share there experience how they solve the issue. not your opinion!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The specifications clearly state that the safe operating temperature is between +5C and +35C. So if you want to use it in a +50C environment you'll have to figure out a way to keep it cool. Unfortunately cooling the Kronos directly would mean causing lots of condensation which would surely mean killing it directly so I really think you're just out of luck with those conditions. I suppose you could try to fit a stronger fan and take the risk but all bets are off in that case.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siwaj11 wrote:
ando727 wrote:
siwaj11 wrote:

nice comment ando72! it doesn't help! for your info here in UAE 48c-50c is a normal temp for those people who lives here. even evening time tempture is the same. yes you're right "who does outdoor gigs in 50C?"
but my point here is to find out the solution of kk issue if someone encounter same like these! and share there experience how they solve the issue. not your opinion!

Seems clear that the Kronos is not designed for temps above 95 degrees F up to 122 degrees F. as long as you push it you could fry your Kronos.

If it were me, I would use another keyboard for that environment or on the nights were when the temps are 95-122 F
robw70

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you technically skilled and don't mind destroying your warranty (if you still have one), you could try adding a water cooling setup. You would need to modify the case to provide holes to mount the radiator on the outside. Tricky though. Not sure if there is enough room above the original cpu to mount the water connections.

It's a crazy idea but the only thing I can think of to deal with that ambient heat level.
Hemant8956474

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread.... Check this out Luxury ceiling fans
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemant8956474 wrote:
Nice thread.... Check this out Luxury ceiling fans

SPAM ^^^^^ - please delete. Idiot (or robot) gloms in on the phrase "fan". Why isn't there a "report" button anymore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: