Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NanoKontrol2 Sonar X3 pan knob sync issue w/ Mackie Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csnack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: NanoKontrol2 Sonar X3 pan knob sync issue w/ Mackie Control Reply with quote

Hi, I got the Korg NanoKontrol2 to use with sonar X3e and I've got it setup in X3 using the Mackie Control protocol as the Control Surface as suggested by many including Sweetwater - and it seems to work fine except for the pan knob assignment; the pan knob in Sonar is not in proper sync with the knob on the NanoKontrol2.. like when the NanoKontrol2 pan knob is at 12:00 then the pan knob in Sonar is somewhere around 2:00-3:00 but it varies and just doesn't seem to care where the NanoKontrol2 pan knob is.. and the pan knob in Sonar also doesn't move smoothly the whole way when controlling it with the NanoKontrol2, but it quickly jumps when it's almost all the way hard left or hard right, it just quickly jumps the rest of the way. I also noticed that if I move the pan knob on the NanoKomtrol2 quickly then the pan knob in Sonar gets more distance than if I move it slowly. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Korg drivers and I have the NanoKontrol2 setup as Input/Output in MIDI Devices and Mackie Control selected under Control Surfaces. The faders seem smooth and in syn with NanoKontrol2.. just this pan knob sync issue it seems between Sonar and the NanoKontrol2. This happen to anyone and any idea how to fix? Thank you much.

P.S. I noticed that when programming in the NanoKontrol in CC mode is Sonar then everything syncs just fine, e.g. pan knob in Sonar is at 12:00 when pan knob on NanoKontrol is at 12:00 etc.
mattbroiler

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone figure out a fix for this?
I have two nanokontrol2's and connected to Sonar Platinum on two systems and X3 on another they all have the same bad panning issue.
NanoKontrol1 does not have the panning problem at all. I could swear the panning was fine on the Nano2 awhile back but recently I noticed the irregular knob action.
I wrote to Korg support and also Cakewalk so we will see what they say, not sure what is wrong but it seems like it could be a Korg issue with the mapping.
mattbroiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to azslow.com downloaded and installed the AZ midi control program for Sonar. It's a one man software shop dedicated to midi control specifically for Sonar. Free download and very excellent.
It takes a little time to setup but everything works better than the mackie control mode in Sonar and you have all options available to customize controls. You have to reset the korg nano2 to regular cc mode not sonar mode to get started but it's definitely worth checking into. Anyway the pan knob works correctly now which is all I was after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: