Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition for Firmware Update for E2 and E2S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_INTER_

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Timeslices to be loopable on the E2S as it was on the ESX with 1/30 of a second being repeated

I think it was 1/32 of a second. Not sure sorry.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: list so far Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
I will be adding a bit more and trimming this down a bit to focus on the (20 or so) most important features to add and problems to address. I am sure Korg doesn't want a huge list of 200+ things, they may feel intimidated.
Confused
I have not had the chance to go through the other thread (here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95201) for the other listed fixes.

-Still compiling, but hoping to get this wrapped up by the end of this week and possibly complete the petition on the weekend-
Cool

Good job Cade! Thanks for stepping up.

Maybe as a help for establishing what features we need the most, we could post an more extensive list as a poll, and people could only vote only for 3-5 features for example.
h.vel

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: list so far Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Maybe as a help for establishing what features we need the most, we could post an more extensive list as a poll, and people could only vote only for 3-5 features for example.

I think this is a good idea. But is it possible to narrow the poll to 3-5 choices?

And please let's do not ask for features which aren't possible to fix, like "increase the sample memory" etc.
sohatyi

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it like any other software project. Create a user needs backlog, put a priority and a rough size estimate against the feature. Then groom the backlog and pick off what can be delivered within a timebox.
Novation: UltraNova, Nova
Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X, DX11, DX Reface, YC Reface
Other: Zoom R24, Quasimidi 309, Beat Thang, Akai MPC1000 and a couple of Omnichords
o.w.t.m

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make transposing of whole parts easier! the current workflow of editing notes is terrible and the pitch wheel is unreliable.

pattern chaining/song mode
mihata

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: list so far Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:

And please let's do not ask for features which aren't possible to fix, like "increase the sample memory" etc.

my thoughts as well - when making the list priority should have fundamental features like the note tails or transposition ones, also the features that have the best chance to be implemented in both the devices.

We should also popularise the petition by mailing the blogs like Synthtopia or SonicState and CDM - I guess for them, seeing the similarity with the Tempest story, would be of an interest as a new way of people trying to influence the manufacturers. I already tried to revive the Electribe thread in Muffwiggler and people are starting to ask what's the state.
thesigma

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
Thank you very much for your time @Cade
I hope that this will provide a good outcome.

just a quick comment for those who think we can not ask too much from Korg... that we must remain realistic etc.etc.
Quote:
when I saw that my E2S would be very limited in terms of external sequencing, I invested in the "Pyramid" (from the french company "Squarp") for this use.
Just for comparison here is an excerpt from the list of features planned for the next update:
Some of the PyraOs 0.86 new features:
- Live Looper
- Quick copy / paste / delete track in Live Mode
- Hard record
- Player tracking option (pages Follows player)
- New piano roll
- Step-by-step "learn chords" with an external keyboard
- Add song sequences in the chain with a length <1 bar
- 32 sequences of 16 INSTEAD
- New FX: Stick to scale
- New FX: Equalizer
- New FX: Note to CC
- New FX: Delay
- New FX: Chance
- New FX: BPM
- ASSIGN touchpad to smartpads to play Rating
- Delete projects on SD card
- Faster startup Pyramid
- More RAM memory, CPU performance optimized
- Graphic improvements
- Bugs fix

knowing that there is an update every 1 or 2 months ...
and Squarp is a company of 3 people only...
you will not get me to believe that a company like Korg can NOT do an update on a product such the electribes

but you will easily convince me they do not WANT to do it .. Wink

Yes but the Pyramid is a MIDI sequencer only and we Know nothing of the hardware in it. What I meant by being realistic is that the Hardware of the electribe 2 is a fixed quantity, EG asking for more sample RAM is not going to happen, asking for more insert effects is not likely to happen there jsut wouldn't be that much DSP left in the device.

Also Squarp is a componany of 3 people only....Yes with 1 product only.

Korg gear I've used extensively:
M1, Triton Pro-x 88, SG-1D, NanoPad, NanoKontrol
thesigma

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: list so far Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
thebiglebowski wrote:

my thoughts as well - when making the list priority should have fundamental features like the note tails or transposition ones, also the features that have the best chance to be implemented in both the devices.

Note Tails is unlikely it would require MORE polyphony and the device already suffers from voice stealing. perhaps it could be possible for some dynamic allocation but that would be complicated to calculate from a widely variable set of patterns and youd still get stealing if you exceed polyphony. the only good way to do it would be to have DOUBLE the DSP needed and treat patterns like dj decks pattern 1 is loaded here in DSP1 and pattern 2 is over here in DSP2 and they are self contained and cant steal from each other, but clearly the device was not built like that.

Korg gear I've used extensively:
M1, Triton Pro-x 88, SG-1D, NanoPad, NanoKontrol
Loudest

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesigma wrote:
Also Squarp is a componany of 3 people only....Yes with 1 product only.

Yes,
3 people to do all the work (including marketing, development, selling, after-sales service etc.)

Korg have maybe a lot of products but I think they have also a lot of people (with different services) and the Electribes are, historically, an important line of their products

these 2 products/companies are incomparable?
Fine.
I purposely take extreme examples to illustrate that, nowadays, big companies in musical instruments manufacturing are abusive with respect to their clients
and creativity and efficiency often come from small companies (which seems to be the only ones to still have musicians among their staff...)

I mean
come on ...
you can defend Korg ever and ever, against all evidence,
but they are absolutely indefensible on this one ...

I agree, however, on the fact that we must be careful not to ask something that depends on the hardware limits of the device .... of course .. Wink
h.vel

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current bugs also need mentioned, here are 2:

** Attack bug (http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99704&highlight=)
** Noise when audio in is set to thru and power save mode is enabled

Last edited by h.vel on Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
h.vel

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: list so far Reply with quote

thesigma wrote:
mihata wrote:

Note Tails is unlikely it would require MORE polyphony...

I guess the pattern gap issue was meant, and this is absolutely fixable and has nothing to do with polyphony. But please let's discuss about things like that in another thread.
Steinberger

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have them add a section in the manual about recording notes and parameter changes in Step Jump mode. Very Happy
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I forgot to mention an important improvement:
- Improved MIDI implementation

if possible : all the E2 / E2S buttons and knobs that correspond to MIDI messages
for now, almost no button is implemented, and the knobs are not all done either.

This would help to make a little midi controller (via Arduino for example) that automate certain functions to correct some shortcomings of the E2 / E2S Razz
Sebberdii

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one mentions the mega annoying bug, that destroys the .all file on the SD-card (Sampler version).
It freezes doing "export all samples" around 80~90 %.
It happens often aften editing the samples like slice, transpose, loop ect.

Also A timestrech function would be sweet.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have forgotten most of my features list.

A couple that stick out for me right now are:

1. When Scale and Key mode is selected have it over ride pitch knob edits thus making the pitch knob always in key and in scale.

2. FOr the Gate Arp we need a Hold feature. That's an absolute MUST HAVE! So simple to do. do a shift command on the Gate Arp button. Would make beat making so much fun.

3. Quantize options. You know the microSampler had a few fun things...one of them was the ability to select many quantize options. We need that on the ES2 and E2.

4. We need Trigger mode to be quantized! Why is that not in there in the first place?

5. For the E2 have the step edit for Oscillator edit just like in the ES2.

6. For the Sampler; when in time slice edit when you have selected 16 slices or less you should be given access to an additional menu options that gives you the option to set all of these slices as parts in a pattern; "Export Slices as pattern? Yes or No". You select "yes" you are immediately taken out of sample edit and into your new pattern loaded with your new sliced samples. That would be so useful for anyone using the sampler.

Yeah think we need more than 20 for the next update. Some really good requests are small fixes, like making scale and key mode over ride pitch knob settings or quantization in trigger mode. I would say submit the top 50!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: