Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not clear about pa4x ORIENTAL model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edi__2005

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Not clear about pa4x ORIENTAL model Reply with quote

My name is Edi from Albania.(musician)
I just sold my korg pa3x and im thinking to take the new one, but im not sure which to choose between Professional Arranger and Oriental model of Korg pa4x.
I have a few questions.
1) whats the difference of the touch screen between the two models?
2) Does the oriental model have all factory sounds and drum kits that the proffesional arranger model has?
3) is there a difference of the sound output quality between the two models?
4) if i choose the oriental model, for the operating system, if i need to flash the instrument, should i download extra for the oriental version or both model have the same OS?
5) could i exchange styles and user sounds and user kits ( sampled ) from a model to the other?
6) could i load my Korg pa3x professional arranger set ( compressed ) into Pa4x oriental?

I like the oriental model but i need the factory sound and drum kits of normal model.
I would appreciate if you answer me as soon as possible because i have to decide which one to buy.
Thank you.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Edi,
Don't worry everything is almost the same!
1)The two models have exactly the same hardware.So exactly the same screen and touch panel.
2)The oriental has everything the normal one has adding 240mb more samples (streamed) as localized resources (oriental ones).That means that you have the normal 5gb+ library + the 240mb of oriental sampled instruments and drum kits/percussion.
3)same as answer 1. both keyboards share the same hardware so sound quality is the same!
4)This is not clear from korg yet as there is no official oriental os released for download, but i am sure the os is not the same for these two keyboards (the oriental has more positions named LOCAL for the localized sounds etc) except they add both versions in the same .pkg file (highly doubt as it is not practical)
5)Yes everything that works on the one model works on the other too.The only problem would be transfering a sound/keyboardset/style from the oriental to the normal one in case you have used any of the oriental only samples that do not exist on the normal one.The normal will still load them but they will not play correctly.
6)This works ok on both models as far as i know (i haven't received my pa4x yet to test everything out).It will get a lot better support after the next update when released though!(this is for both models not only the oriental version)

Theo
martinbaba

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carefull
the extra 240mb of oriental samples are loaded into ram so you will have not space to load anything else.
qofsh mire
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they are not loaded into ram like the pa600qt.
They use streaming technology (as the factory bank) and take only ~25 mb in ram which ISN'T from the 400(800compressed) mb that are available for the user.
So the pa4x oriental actual memory size is:
400mb (streamed factory resources)
~25mb (streamed localized resources)
400mb/800mb compressed (user ram resources).
edi__2005

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you now im clear...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: