Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Korg Sound on Sound headphone jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwa12141977

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Problem with Korg Sound on Sound headphone jack Reply with quote

I notice that i have to jiggle my earbuds jack when i stick them in the horg sound on sound. if i plug in all the way, i only get sound out of one heaphone. any thoughts?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say what the device is. "horg sound on sound" offers no clue, I'm afraid.

Check the electrical resistance between sleeve and ring, and sleeve and tip, of the jack plug and also verify that the resistance is constant when the lead is flexed near the jack plug during measurement. Use a multimeter on the resistance range to do this. If the resistance varies when the lead is flexed, the wires in the lead are likely to be broken, which is a quite common occurence.

Another test would be to try a different, known good pair of earphones.

If the resistance in the first test remains constant, and the known good earphone jack also needs to be "jiggled" then it is likely the jack socket is faulty. It may have become unsoldered or the contacts are dirty or have become oxidised. An air duster (canned air) could be used with care to blow away any dust. If that doesn't work, a contact cleaner/lubricant like Servisol 10, or Deoxit could be used. Spray a small amount onto the jack plug and insert it into the socket and wiggle, withdraw and wipe the plug clean with a tissue. Repeat, until the tissue is clean after wiping.

If the problem is still there, then opening up the device will be necessary to establish the cause. If the connections from the socket to the printed circuit board are loose or form a dry joint (some form of magnification may be necessary to detect this), they will need to be re-worked with a soldering iron and some multicore fluxed solder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: