Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using TR as MIDI Controller ONLY for Mainstage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnicholson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Using TR as MIDI Controller ONLY for Mainstage Reply with quote

My Mainstage recognizes my midi interface (just a MIO midi to usb cable basically) but when I play my keyboard Mainstage (and Garageband just so I could check it wasn't just mainstage) doesn't recognize any input coming from the TR.
I have the In cable connected to the Out of the keyboard and vice versa. In Global under MIDI I have Local Control On unchecked. I don't know what else I need to do in my settings to make this work. Anyone have some insight into this?
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the TR only the older LE but they are similar I believe. Check the global Midi is set correctly to match your garage band etc

Quote from LE Manual

The global MIDI channel is the basic channel that this
instrument uses for MIDI transmission/reception, and
is set by “MIDI Channel” (GLOBAL 2.1–1a).

Steve V
cnicholson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually do have an LE, not sure why I put TR.

What do you mean by match my settings? How do I know what my settings are in Mainstage or GarageBand that correspond with the tritons Global settings?
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no, I do not use software, look on the LE global settings to see what the Midi transmit is set to, then read up on your software DAWS to see how to set the Midi channels, then you will have your answer.

Try doing a factory reset on the LE (save your work first) to see if that helps, I would also look on the web to see if there are issues with your midi interface

Steve V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: