Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Turn Off MIDI Clock.. for good!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IsoldeandIsobelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: How To Turn Off MIDI Clock.. for good! Reply with quote

Hi!

If I select internal or external MIDI Clock, the Triton is always sending either MTC or Active Sensing message, is there anyway to switch these off completely?

The LED's on my MIDI interface are constantly flashing.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How To Turn Off MIDI Clock.. for good! Reply with quote

IsoldeandIsobelle wrote:
Hi!

If I select internal or external MIDI Clock, the Triton is always sending either MTC or Active Sensing message, is there anyway to switch these off completely?

The LED's on my MIDI interface are constantly flashing.

Triton doesn't do MTC that's mostly a DAW feature. It must be something else in your setup?
To diagnose whether active sensing is coming from the Triton, unplug the midi-out cable..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, sorry, I meant Midi Clock.

It is definitely the Triton, when I switch it off or unplug MIDI, it stops.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IsoldeandIsobelle wrote:
Thank you for the reply!

Yes, sorry, I meant Midi Clock.

It is definitely the Triton, when I switch it off or unplug MIDI, it stops.

To turn midi clock off press the [GLOBAL] button, then press the [MENU] button. On the touchscreen select the MIDI menu option. You'll see the midi clock category choose 'external' -- this turns off the internal midi clock.

If you wish to save the settings, press the REC/WRITE button.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are still having active sensing message problems the way I understand it - it is a necessary evil. The receiving midi device has no clue when a connection is broken; it depends entirely on active sensing to let it know that there is still a solid connection.

Should you filter out active sensing message some devices will send an "all notes off" midi message telling <it> to stop playing. This can be quite embarassing during a live show as you may get no sounds or all kinds of weird jammed notes, frozen sounds, or worst a frozen device... it's a shutdown mechanism !!.. for when nothing is happening.

I consider it like a sceensaver when you leave a computer idling for too long. It has its purpose!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your reply.

I guess that I can live with it, the main problem is that it keeps the activity lights on my MIDI interface constantly flickering.

It is quite distracting - but, it is no big deal, if I just turn the interface in another direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: