Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Device Inquiry Error (Sound Editor Probs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadBunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I know this is a ten year old topic, but I just registered here to thank everyone (if any one of you ever gets this... Smile ) for taking the time to write up all those instructions. I bought an old Radias in pretty much mint condition that an acquaintance found on his attic last week, and for cheapz too.
I'm happy as a child, such a blast to play! Cool

But... My Radias wasn't recognized by the Sound Editor software either, with this same error. USB interface was fine, oldschool midi interface was also fine (e.g. both able to steer Fruityloops midi), midi driver was properly installed, radias was present in Windows device manager, but still that wretched "device inquiry error". Then I followed the instructions on here and now it works!

Confirmed working on Windows 10 x64.

/edit: Note: Radias firmware and OS updated to latest versions (resp. 1.07 and 2.0 IIRC) - previous owner never did that apparently. Those also worked perfectly fine on Windows 10 x64.

Not exactly sure what exact setting finally did the trick but whatever, it works perfectly now Dancing

Important: be sure to restart first your device and then (after it has fully booted) the Sound Editor application on your PC, after you make any changes to anything anywhere. This is what bit me in the a$$, some settings seem to need some reboots.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: on any computer or chip device always restart after updates Reply with quote

on any computer or chip device always restart after updates..
that has always been the rule in the tech field...
not just a restart but full shut down and restart and let it sit there for a few hours to get all the reg edits settled down....

I tell all my clients that get new windows 10 computers to turn it on do the fill in the blanks stuff let it up and down then when it gets full up just walk away for 3-4 days let it get all the updates before trying to work on the computer..

hard to resist I know.... but it works!!

and if you do get a win 10 computer get at least 16gb ram...
I still hit the wall every now and then at 16...
but it cuts down the hour glass!!
good branded memory is cheap these day's...

I think most of the issues are on the users that do not do the care full steps
and or the proper shutdown and restarts...

I still run some win 98 music software on win 10...
you just have to know how to put it in right..

I just wish more software companies would follow the lead of once you have a lic. for a software it is yours... any pc.. just in use or turned on one pc at a time.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
SadBunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you restart after updates, especially OS and/or firmware updates, that makes sense and the Korg update installer software tells you to.

What I did not automatically do, because 1. I didn't expect to need to, and 2. I wasn't told to, was to reboot the device and restart the sound editor after changing config settings in the software. This turned out to be necessary to apply at least one of the settings (I don't know which one, maybe all) discussed earlier in this topic, which is why I deemed it useful to include that warning.

I know am new here (this is only my second post) but I just gotta say your polemic is way off-topic.

Have a good one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: