Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How may registry Banks does PA - 300 have?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
selva89kumar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: How may registry Banks does PA - 300 have? Reply with quote

Hi ,

I have planned to buy my first Korg.

I have little confusion between Korg PA 300 and Yamaha psr 770, and i have found in most of features Korg is superior to yamaha.

I just want to know how many registry memory does korg pa 300 has like Yamaha 770 has 8 registry banks . Rolling Eyes Question
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by registry banks?

I have a Pa300.

What do you mean by banks?
Like setting sounds itself?

Last edited by =XiOXiS= on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
selva89kumar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Registry bank means it is used to save voice and style setting at single press
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if that's the case, you have two options:
1. Performance
2. SongBook

1. Performance
Performance saves current settings to a slot where you can retrieve in a button press.
There are 6 performance buttons with each having 6 pages(banks) that have 8 slots.
These performance buttons are categorized into Piano,Strings,Wind etc.
Doing some quick calculations, you will get 6*8=48 locations(slots) for each category.
That means, a total of 48*6=288 slots for saving your performances.
As an addition, one of the plus point, I would say, there is one more additional button "My Setting" which can store only one performance at a time. This will be the performance when you turn your keyboard on.
NOTE : Peformance do not save style settings, only save Upper 1,2,3 and Lower tracks along with its parameters.
That is, when you select a performance, no styles are recalled neither they(styles) cannot be saved along with performance.
It is only for instruments(Like layered Organs, Combination of Piano, Warm Pad and Strings). Also, Performance can store master transpose, master octave values too. So, if you are a person who depends on transpose for your playing, then your transpose can be changed(it can be set for not changed) by a performance selection.

2. SongBook
SongBook is a handy utility that can store almost all parameters(including style) of current settings to an entry(A Song) that can be easily recalled. Ex: When you set up your keyboard to play a song with a nice set of instruments, a well-suited style, with Intro and Sync-start ON, then you can save this current state to a SongBook entry and give it a name like MySong. Then when you want to play it back at anytime, just go to your SongBook(it is a button) and choose your song(MySong, in this case) and press SELECT and TaDa!!! There you have your keyboard waiting for you to press any key to start the song with the saved style with INTRO selected and VARIATION selected along with Sync-start ON, instruments, transpose, and almost all parameters loaded however you saved it ready to be played...
This is SongBook! Just like choosing from your songs, click-it, Press it, READY!
Not the song you wanted? Select the appropriate song, click-it, Press it, READY!
Its that easy!!!
With SongBook, you don't have to worry about choosing styles, instruments, or setting up parameters or keeping up with values, or keeping transposes of each song in your memory...
Just think what song to play!
Songs in SongBook can be selected in without wasting any time.
Every parameter related to the song you selected will be loaded within a second.
By parameter, I mean each and every settings related to it.

As you are a Yamaha user deciding whether to buy a Korg, you should be very keen in all the aspects, especially the ones you are interested and the ones that attracts you. In feature-rich aspect, Korg Pa300 offers lot to explore for a beginner!

The best thing you should do is understand Pa300 or any other models you would like to buy.
Check out everything! Player satisfaction plus budget is the main thing! Also consider other models too!
Check out Resources! Reviews! Pricings! Videos! Pictures! Everything that you can find about it!
If you could find someone who already owns a Pa300, spent some time with him and his Pa300.
Have a talk! Clear the doubts! Have some fun time! If that's not possible, DON'T WORRY!

Check out the Pa300 Manuals(Quick Guide or User Manual) to find the details and explanations!
Quick Guide explains what Pa300 overall is!
User Manual explains each and every detail!

Well, I hope this will help you a lot!
If any doubts, post a reply! Very Happy
By the way, Upper 1,2,3 tracks are the 3 voices layered on Yamaha above split-point and the Lower track is the voice below split-point.

Laughing Thanks! Laughing

Last edited by =XiOXiS= on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:15 am; edited 6 times in total
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How may registry Banks does PA - 300 have? Reply with quote

selva89kumar wrote:
I have planned to buy my first Korg.

Which keyboard you have now? Rolling Eyes
selva89kumar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my current keyboard in yamaha psr 550.

may i know which is professional quality board yamaha 770 or korg pa 300
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

selva89kumar wrote:
Hi my current keyboard in yamaha psr 550.

You mean PSR 550 or PSR S-550??
I think they are two different models? Am I right?

selva89kumar wrote:
... yamaha 770...

Really? You must be talking about PSR S-770?

selva89kumar wrote:
may i know which is professional quality board yamaha 770 or korg pa 300

That very much depends on you.
Cause you can just start using your PSR S-770 for professional purposes the next day onwards because you are almost familiar with its panel, controls and where is where stuffs...The only change is, it is more advanced...

But when changing a brand, it will take time to use it fluently...

It depends on you...
Both of them are good...
That's what I would say!
If budget is not a problem, go ahead buy the best one you could find...
Here, you have two options: PSR S-770 & Pa300
In my case, I do like my Pa300.

REASONS:
1. Touch Screen Interface
2. MP3 Playback
3. Joystick
4. USB Support
5. SongBook

1. Touch Screen Interface
I want to get things done faster. This color Touch Screen display could make me faster to do things. That means, the way we interact to our keys have changed. Now I feel like it becomes easier to "get things done", rather than finding the keys to do what the screen says to do. Many of the things can be done on-screen.

2. MP3 Playback
First of all, can you PSR S-770 do that? Pa300 could do it! If you are a person who likes to keep some music in your keys along with some MIDI songs, there you have it! This feature could really help you if you are a Play-By-Ear person. It can change the transpose and tempo of an MP3 too...

3. Joystick
One of the reasons for my purchase. I know it sounds silly but it did influenced my Pa300 purchase. As you know, Yamaha has Wheels. To my logic, it is hard for me because keys are going horizontally and Wheels are going vertically. But when I saw Korg Models, it was pretty much easy to pitchbend and modulate or mix those parameters together. I do pitchbends when playing leads and solos. I like to pitchbend sideways(horizontally) because I could predict the next key or give enough pull or push. So what I see is what I hear.

4. USB Support
Support for USB Drive and USB Host really gives me fast data exchange. Files(MP3,STY,MID,KAR,...) and Notes(MIDI Notes). The +point about USB Host is that I use my printer cable to connect my Korg to PC. USB Drives are getting cheaper everyday. That means, I could just reuse my 4GB USB Drive for other use while moving data to another USB Drive that supports more memory.

5. SongBook
This is the feature I like about my Korg. SongBook gives you the opportunity to save settings as a song(Entry). This makes my usage easy. As it is a professional arranger, it really gives you the features to arrange your live playing. The -point I see in Yamaha is Registration Banks do save what we want to recall later. But there is no way you could tell which song's settings is saved in a particular button(slot) at a particular bank unless you press a button. You have to keep it in your memory(ex: MySong is on Bank 3, Slot 5). I have played PSR S-550b 3 years ago, and this problem drove me crazy and I just turned off the instrument. Now I hope you understood how I fell in love with SongBook.

Both PSR S-770 and Pa300 are professional keyboards.
The choice is subjective.
For us to buy one thing out of some things, we would have our own reasons. I have told you my reasons.
I found them more important to my usage.
So I decided to buy Korg.

The choice is YOUR'S...

Thanks!

Last edited by =XiOXiS= on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:54 am; edited 17 times in total
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it because of the above reasons.

But now I use it and keep it because of other reasons that attracts me along with the ones given above.

They are:
> Step Back Sequencer
> Quick Record
> Sound Edit
> Style Edit/Record
> Pad Edit/Record
and much more...

These were the things I learned after I bought it and used it for 1yr...
My Korgan celebrated his first birthday on last Sunday June 12th...
We celebrated it by playing some songs together, making beats, some serious song editing etc...
What a nice day we had...
Very Happy
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Helping posts... Reply with quote

These topics could help you...

kevin101 wrote:
1. Pa600 vs. PSR S-970/S-770

hkarram wrote:
2. Pa600 vs. Pa300
selva89kumar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Which has best sound quality yamaha 770 or korg pa 300
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

selva89kumar wrote:
Hi

Which has best sound quality yamaha 770 or korg pa 300

Neither and there never ever will be a best, as this is subjective.
Music to my ears might be Noise to Yours.

Both are entry level boards (for a professional) and both would sound decent to audience.

Explore the feature set on what features you need and which ones you want and their limitations.
you might end up considering a bit higher up model like pa600 / psr970 etc.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
=XiOXiS=

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
Explore the feature set on what features you need and which ones you want and their limitations.
you might end up considering a bit higher up model like pa600 / psr970 etc.

Exactly!

When buying, the decision is yours...
Like amit said, it is subjective.
If no problem with budget, consider Pa600/PSR970.
They are better choices with more power.

Regards! 😉
selva89kumar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI ,

Many people say yamaha psr 770 has better voices than korg 300 & 600
and korg has better sequencer that yamaha is that true?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: