Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the E2 have the 10-13khz tone spike like the E2S

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Does the E2 have the 10-13khz tone spike like the E2S Reply with quote

This is relating to the other "electribe sampler high pitched noise" thread regarding how the E2S puts out a 13khz pitch tone (on my machine it's 10khz). I'm wondering though if E2 users are having the same issue with theirs or if it's just the E2S. I was considering getting the E2 but with the high pitched noise I'm considering against it. I've forgiven all the other issues, but this one I can't. I hadn't really noticed it before, but after mastering some tracks made with the E2S it's become very apparent and a problem.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really a 10kHz tone, or could it be the result of another signal aliasing with the sampling frequency of the A/D converter? What sampling frequency are you using?

If it's aliasing then it might be relatively easy to filter it out, as the actual tone will probably be way higher than the normal audio spectrum.

Rashk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that nave been really annoying here, too. I've tried the E2 aswell. It was the same.. This is the most disturbing issue at all, hope that will be fixed soon..?
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Is it really a 10kHz tone, or could it be the result of another signal aliasing with the sampling frequency of the A/D converter? What sampling frequency are you using?

If it's aliasing then it might be relatively easy to filter it out, as the actual tone will probably be way higher than the normal audio spectrum.

I was going to attach a screencap from some of the mastering, you can see the spike pretty clearly but I guess we can't attach files on here? It's there too when nothing's playing on the machine. The example I had was running off the VA engine only so no sampling.

It can be EQ'd out thankfully, but it's a pain. I thought I was getting tinnitus from drinking so much coffee lately, but nope. The Electribe! Sadly, I've had an even more perplexing issue arise recently where the filter knob takes like 5 twists to open and close. I think it keeps jumping back possibly.

The E2S has become a pretty indispensable part of my workflow so I am going to have to figure out a way to keep it running. Maybe a factory reset will help on the jumpy filter part.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure If you're talking about the same thing. I've got an E2 (no sampler). A few days ago I noticed a continuos high pitch tone (I didn't measured the frequency) when rising the volume, even if nothing was playing. Since I changed my headphones recently, I thought they could be the issue but on another topic (maybe the last about petition or I don't know) I've also read something about this hiss and I remember it was said to be related to AUDIO IN THRU on when POWER SAVE MODE is enabled. My POWER SAVE MODE was set to Auto, wich means disabled if the Electribe is running on AC Power as I use to do. I tried to change it to Enable and the hiss changed to a hiss plus a sort of rattle too. Anyhow, turning off Audio In Thru stopped the hiss but a very subtle one can still be heard for a few seconds on high volumes when you press a pad wih OSC TYPE set to Audio in. It's another issue for this "unlucky" machine

Last edited by Sulfur on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:
I'm not sure If you're speaking about the same thing. I've got an E2 (no sampler). A few days ago I noticed a continuos high pitch tone (I didn't measured the frequency) when rising the volume, even if nothing was playing. Since I changed my headphones recently, I thought they could the issue but on another topic (maybe the last about petition or I don't know) I've also read something about this hiss and I remember it was said to be related to AUDIO IN THRU on when POWER SAVE MODE is enabled. My POWER SAVE MODE was set to Auto, wich means disabled if the Electribe is running on AC Power as I use to do. I tried to change it to Enable and the hiss changed to a hiss plus a sort of rattle too. Anyhow, turning off Audio In Thru stopped the hiss but a very subtle one can already be heard for a few seconds on high volumes when you press a pad wih OSC TYPE set to Audio in. It's another issue for this "unlucky" machine

Thank you for replying. I am an utter fool. I was well aware of the audio in/thru issue but thought I had switched mine off long ago... Not so! Problem solved... Now just to fix the filter knob issue and I'll be back in business!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: