Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cannot hear timeslices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STk3000

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: cannot hear timeslices Reply with quote

So I'm samping with the electribe 2. all is good, i record, i go to sample edit and can really hear the sample. I write everything, i go to timeslice, i set the lenght (32/16) and then it asks me for the threshold. At this stage, i'm supposed to hear every slice when I press on a pad, in order to properly set the threshold. However, almost 80% of the times nothing happens when I press on the pad. There were like 2-3 times when it worked as it's supposed to but mostly i have to set the threshold randomly/watching the pads lit up.

any fix/solution? it's annyoing.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!

Have been doing more and more timeslicing and encountering similar - but not all the time.

Am finding the more I do the more cantankerous the ES2 is - if that happens I clear the slices and start again. That seems to work but may take up to three times.

What I *am* finding more annoying is sequencer misbehaviour with the successful created sliced loop.

You get your loop successfully sliced then try and sequence it across the bar (2 or 4)

It wont play as a sequenced sliced loop - regardless of the steps lit up it only plays the first step slice.

Yes, I have the correct *loop* in the Oscillator.

How this behaviour manifests is its *only* the first step that plays - its not like you have set the oscillator to one of the slices and only that slice plays repeatedly for every step - actually when you do that it *still* only plays teh first lit step and not 16 steps of DUG-DUG_DUG DUG!

I was able to duplicate this by -

successfully setting up a sliced loop and having it successfully play across sequence on its part. Easy Peasy - japanesy.

Setting up a new sliced loop on part directly part next to it.

The 2nd loop is sliced correctly but only plays on first step - so I changed the OSC to make that part the *first* sliced loop -

what was playing correctly on the part next door now was doing the same thing on this part ... (!)

After some growling and Grring - writing - going thru various iterations of the slices within the loops - going for individual slices tot he Loop - to playign other parts - BANG! it works perfectly.

Write that mofo immediately!

Sometimes it works so cleanly and effortlessly yu think you must have been doing something wrong...

I am guessing many people arent using the timeslicing as this surely would have been squawked about?
STk3000

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry mate, dont' really understand what you're saying Sad

But yea, it's f*ck*ng flimsy, korg should adress this issue ASAP. if we can't sample external sources, this is just a stupid sample player, all daws can do that.

Catalin
STk3000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so anyone managed to find a workarround for this issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: