Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to find a exb mLAN for the Triton Studio...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tma53204

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Trying to find a exb mLAN for the Triton Studio... Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am a new member though I do read the threads on here regularly. I'm putting together a vintage mLAN studio set up and the final piece I need is the exb for the Triton studio. I am aware of what this product can and cannot do. Any advice in locating one that I could buy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time for any information you guys can offer.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked to see what's available on bidding sites... (online auction websites)?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErnstDabest- I check ebay regularly and do google searches regularly as well. I would think google would pick up on any and all auction sites that might have one. If not other than ebay what sites would you recomend? Ebay looks like it has only had 2 go up for sale ever. The only thing I can find is these sites overseas in foreign languages that I dont know how to navigate. It looks like they have them in Japan, I just cant figure out how to get one. I would much prefer to get one on an auction site if there was one. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks again.
trehollywood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: mLAN Reply with quote

I too have been looking for this piece to complete my mLAN studio. Are you on the 01X group page on facebook? What mLAN setup do you have?
tma53204

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trehollywood- I do have the 01x but I am not on facebook. I also have the ksp8 with mLAN card as well. This mLAN exb is impossible to find as you too probably know by now. I'm sure korg has a stock pile sitting in storage in Japan. If I figure out how to find a place that has or can them I'll let you know. Please do the same if you figure out somewhere as well. Thanks
trehollywood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Definitely will let you know if I come across something. I have the 01X, Motif ES and i88X setup working great..if I can ever get my hands on that Korg exb I'd be set.
tma53204

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software do you use? I have Logic 6 because that was the last version that can operate on os9.2.2 from my understanding. I got the ksp8 due to being limited to 24bit plug ins... I do all my sounds and sequencing in the triton. It would be so dope to be able to record the triton directly into the daw the way that exb allows you to. Lets keep our fingers crossed we can find some
trehollywood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using logic 9 with absolutely no problems however I'm running the software on snow leopard osx 10.6
tma53204

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is the korg mLAN exb will only work in os9 because its mLAN A instead of mLAN B... sample rate S200 opposed to S400. Thats one of the reasons the mLAN launch was such a disaster and korg got screwed over in offering that option... Have you found info thats different from that?
trehollywood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that the two MAY not work together but I also saw a post on motifator from Badmister, who works for Yamaha, that the two does indeed work together. I don't know but I believe it's certainly worth a try.
tma53204

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be interesting to know. I wonder if that guy had actually seen it work first hand or was speaking in theory. If it does I'll be upgrading my daw and version of logic. Let me know if you get one and get it to work.
trehollywood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do.
trehollywood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: