Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Montage Orders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mosquita Muerta

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Montage Orders Reply with quote

I would like to know, how many members in this Forum, ordered already the new Montage....Somebody ordered already ?, thanks guys!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why and for which purpose do you want to know that in a Korg forum?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
And why and for which purpose do you want to know that in a Korg forum?

Hehe, funny question....

I think Most people korgies and others have learned their lessons and stay away from new instruments the first 3 or 4 months... That gives the creators time to repair bugs... And the buyers time to get a better idea if this new instrument will add anything really new to their current setup..
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The panel layout does it for me.. Montage is one gorgeous looking synth.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it out for a bit at GC. Nice sounds Pianos. EP, Strings ect.. Screen and board itself seem very crowded imho , sooo many buttons ! . It didn't feel user friendly at all . I was hoping to be automatically blown away like I was when I first tried out the Kronos . A lot of people will love the Montage , as for me I'll just stick to my two Kronos and wait for the Kronos succesor to come out however long it takes.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunaluna wrote:
I tried it out for a bit at GC. Nice sounds Pianos. EP, Strings ect.. Screen and board itself seem very crowded imho , sooo many buttons ! . It didn't feel user friendly at all . I was hoping to be automatically blown away like I was when I first tried out the Kronos . A lot of people will love the Montage , as for me I'll just stick to my two Kronos and wait for the Kronos succesor to come out however long it takes.

I think espescially the non Kronos owners will be blown away by this synth...
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I've ordered a 7
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the Montage EX.

The next one, with AN-X, VL-X, FDSP-X and FS-X.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

I think Most people korgies and others have learned their lessons and stay away from new instruments the first 3 or 4 months... That gives the creators time to repair bugs.

And those of us to sit and wait for a secondhand bargain when the early adopters ditch it because its not what they thought it would be,being patient sometimes pays off financially too.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, but later in the year I will demo a 7 to see if it is an adequate stage replacement for my EX5 to pair with my Kronos (EX5 will always have a place in my studio).

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
I'm waiting for the Montage EX.

The next one, with AN-X, VL-X, FDSP-X and FS-X.

It's nice to have a dream, as if you don't have a dream, how can you have a dream come true? Very Happy

Seriously, I share your dream, but not convinced if it will ever come true. We'll see.......

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm with you on this Derek. Despite the AWM and FM engines onboard, the Montage isn't actually 'about them' - it's about its performance capabilities.

there may be good reason for this - I'm not sure having great synth engines on board is a good selling point. While the OASYS / Kronos have excellent synth engines, I see very little discussion about them on this forum, let alone elsewhere.

It never ceases to amaze me the complexity and depth of the standard synth engine on the Kronos. Their true polyphonic nature means that they all have hundreds of LFO's (4 per voice and at 80 voices that's 320 LFO's active) and similarly huge numbers of Step Sequencers, wave sequencing, polyphonic unison, dual voice programs, AMS, Dynamic MIDI, tonnes of effects, vector synthesis, wave sequencing, Karma....

The sky is the limit - but - nobody's really interested. Accept some are - but - those features have never hit the headlines in the same way as, for example the features of Omnisphere2 have, or some Sample Library release.

the Montage is similarly spec'd. Look at the manual for Montage and you see page after page of extraordinary features which frankly 20 years ago would have been headline news, yet nobody's noticing. think of all of the countless thousands of hours of design into the Montage synthesis capabilities - and how flexible they are - yet - nobody's noticing!

So for those reasons I don't think the Montage will see future synth engines, even if there is a "developmental path" for this instrument. Ina nutshell, nobody is waiting for VL, RCM, FDSP, AN technologies. Sure, some are, but I don't think enough are to warrant it.

I didn't buy a Montage after waxing lyrical about it on this forum; for the following reason - it's far more complex that I thought it would be - but - I'm weighted down with tech upskilling. After 10 years I still don't know Karma and really want to but cant get to those hundreds of pages of manuals on it; meanwhile Logic Pro, Ableton Live + Push, Omnisphere2 and a plethora of other hardware and software are needing attention. the Montage is way down the priority list. Had it had a relatively straight forward OS with FM programming recognizable in SY77 terms I would have bought it in a blink as I do think it is an excellent instrument; but I know if I but it I'll not harness even 10% of its capabilities so what's the point (I'm not one for presets - I can only engage an instrument by understanding it and designing my own sounds or significantly changing presets as the project dictates).
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, Kevin

I think a lot of us barely scratch the surface of what we have, but that means plenty of untapped potential for a rainy day.

I am still going to try a Montage later in the year, but will look carefully at the alternatives as well.

My Echoes Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: