Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
PS. There is a funny and ironic thing about it though. You know who's complaining about it at the FB user group? The group admin Smile Same gentleman who's passionately banning all people who dare to link to the petition, even after the update.

Cade wrote:

Brilliant Cool
Done:
https://www.change.org/p/help-make-a-software-update-for-the-new-electribes-a-priority-for-korg-inc
I think it takes a bit for change.org to update the image.

Great! Very Happy

there is another funny thing from the official KORG page
where we can read:

Quote:

Many new functions added via system update
Updates make the electribe evolve daily.

Laughing

but perhaps that they have new ambitions for their blue/red boxes......
Sulfur

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
thebiglebowski wrote:
PS. There is a funny and ironic thing about it though. You know who's complaining about it at the FB user group? The group admin Smile Same gentleman who's passionately banning all people who dare to link to the petition, even after the update.

there is another funny thing from the official KORG page
where we can read:

Quote:

Many new functions added via system update
Updates make the electribe evolve daily.

Laughing

but perhaps that they have new ambitions for their blue/red boxes......

Rumor has it that everything is relative. Maybe it's just that our day is a whole lot shorter than their Rolling Eyes

Anyway let's hope that updates will follow to further enjoy the Electribe experience.

Unfortunately the admin guy on FB didn't understand that our petition is a support to the Electribe and not a blame on it and Korg. Maybe if we now add his complaints to the list he will sign it too! Surprised
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:

Unfortunately the admin guy on FB didn't understand that our petition is a support to the Electribe and not a blame on it and Korg. Maybe if we now add his complaints to the list he will sign it too! Surprised

Laughing

I suspect him of having already signed the petition, secretly
Wink
Cade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Cade. We need to make another add or update to the petition, ASAP.

The New Undo feature killed two existing and very helpful features.

Clear name short cut using shift+"<"

back menu group

OK. Thanks.
I just updated the petition with the following wording:

in "issues and problems":

8. Fix problems introduced with latest update: The shortcut to clear name using "<" and going back in menu group using the "<" key were removed due to the introduction of undo.

SMK wrote:

We need Korg to reinstate these two features and move the Undo command to either Shift + Part Erase or Shift + Exit.

While some of us like the Undo feature (me included) Korg should have tested to make sure that the addition does not tank an existing feature or short cut.

While we are at it, Shift + 5 and Shift + 6 need to be short cuts to the new pattern "chain repeat" and pattern "chain to".

Please update the petition with these changes. Thanks!

I am not sure how to phrase these two recommendations. Confused

Should we incorporate them into the bottom section:
37. Change the undo function to Shift+Part Erase or Shift+Exit
38. Create shortcuts for pattern "chain repeat" and "Chain to"
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:

Ahh crap, I didn't read this very well...yes add the 37, 38. It's perfect! I thought you went ahead and added the two already.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Cade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Cade wrote:

Ahh crap, I didn't read this very well...yes add the 37, 38. It's perfect! I thought you went ahead and added the two already.

Updated. I added 37 onto 8, added the Chain repeat "suggestion" as 37, and deleted a few things that were fixed with the update (ORIG value, etc.).
Oh, and changed toe title to reflect more appropriately our current perspective:

Help make continued software updates for the new Electribes a priority for Korg Inc.

Also: Is it possible they improved the filter tracking with the update. Since upgrading to 2.02 on the E2S, I haven't noticed much (if any) filter jumping, so I was thinking about removing:
3. Knob (filter) improvements: There is a significant amount of "jumping" when trying to adjust the knobs in small increments. This could be improved with improved tracking of the knobs, or greater resolution of the filters, or simply enabling the shift+knob (fine tune) option for filter movements.

Can someone else check this out?
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Sulfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:

Also: Is it possible they improved the filter tracking with the update. Since upgrading to 2.02 on the E2S, I haven't noticed much (if any) filter jumping, so I was thinking about removing:
3. Knob (filter) improvements: There is a significant amount of "jumping" when trying to adjust the knobs in small increments. This could be improved with improved tracking of the knobs, or greater resolution of the filters, or simply enabling the shift+knob (fine tune) option for filter movements.

Can someone else check this out?

To be honest I didn't understand that point since I never noticed jumps opening or closing the filter on my E2 in the past but I'll check tomorrow if there's any.
h.vel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:
To be honest I didn't understand that point since I never noticed jumps opening or closing the filter.

Same here. From my point of view this could be deleted.
sl23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Updated the petition.
Loudest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6. Fix Noise (high pitched noise [~13kHz]) when audio in is enabled, and the hum when power save mode is enabled on the unit with audio in.
have you checked if there is an improvement in this area?

I don't hear these noises anymore on my unit since I have updated
(but I have recently changed my set-up (temporarily) and I have a much lower overall volume, which could explain this ...)

also,
4. Song mode is lacking: One of the greatest features of the predecessors (older electribes) was the ability to create entire songs by setting the unit to automatically play patterns in a specific order to build a complete song.
Can you tell me exactly (with one simple example) what it is not possible to do with the current "Pattern Chaining" mode that it would be possible with a "Song mode"?
It's hard to see the difference
Question
h.vel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6.: No, unfortunately it is still there. Confused

4.: An example could be that a real song mode is independent from pattern chaining. So, if all your patterns are already chained (because of the songs) there is no way anymore to freely play with them... But I agree: now there is some kind of workaround - at least it shouldn't be mentioned in the bugs/problems list anymore? Honestly I didn't understand (when the petition was released) why this should be a bug or a heavy disturbing problem. Ok, many users want it - on the other hand some users don't need it extremely (ie like me, though it's still a nice option). Maybe it's more likely a feature request?
Loudest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6: OK... Sad

4: I agree. I think it's difficult now to propose this feature to KORG since the last update because it is pretty much the same thing and, as you said, there is some kind of workaround with the "Pattern Chaining"...

anyway,
I continue my crusade on various Facebook groups Very Happy (some have a thousand subscribers ...)
and I have this comment on one of my post:
(irony: from the guy who kicked me out of his FB Group!)
"I see this petition is for the attention of Ian Bradshaw, he is a member of the fb Electribe group and posted recently regarding petitions that users should vote on the points and submit FOUR suggestions !"

So things are moving forward...
but I agree that it might be time to highlight the most important features

they are not necessarily the same for the Electribe SYNTH users or the Electribe SAMPLER users...
but I think we could summarized for the "Sampler" users:

-direct access to the SD card file tree (Samples directory)
-pre-listening + quick load
-waveform representation and automatic zero crossing snapping function (essential for a good loop point adjustment)
-save/load multiple .all files

and for the "Synth" users
-Improved arpeggiator
-Improved step sequencer workflow
-Display
etc.
Idea
Sulfur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
6: OK... Sad

4: I agree. I think it's difficult now to propose this feature to KORG since the last update because it is pretty much the same thing and, as you said, there is some kind of workaround with the "Pattern Chaining"...

Actually, as stated other times by others, it's not the same feature. Pattern chaining let us loop two o more patterns continuously while song mode would be a way to create a more complex song structure (for example pattern 1,1,1,2,1,2,3,1,3,4,4,4,4,2,5) that would make our mind free from thinking about the moments when we need to change pattern and keep focusing on the sound and the performance.
I think it's in the bug list because (if I remember correctly) it was implemented in some older versions (I never had one). Anyway I didn't vote for it since it's not a real concern to me.

Loudest wrote:

anyway,
I continue my crusade on various Facebook groups Very Happy (some have a thousand subscribers ...)
and I have this comment on one of my post:
(irony: from the guy who kicked me out of his FB Group!)
"I see this petition is for the attention of Ian Bradshaw, he is a member of the fb Electribe group and posted recently regarding petitions that users should vote on the points and submit FOUR suggestions !"

You should ask him if he banned Bradshaw too Laughing

Seriously, it's good they are taking into account our petition but I'm a little disappointed for two reasons. In a way they are subtracting us the work that has been done here, deciding to further reduce a list that we've already reduced so much (while there would be even more things to add). But most of all this forum is hosted by Korg itself and yet we never heard an official voice from them here. Not everyone is on facebook (I'm not and I don't want to be) so they're deciding to exclude who is not there. I think it would have been fairer to invite people to partecipate here where the petition had spread the wings or create a public form in their site to let people vote.

Last edited by Sulfur on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Loudest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur wrote:

Actually, as stated other times by others, it's not the same feature. Pattern chaining let us loop two o more patterns continuously while song mode would be a way to create a more complex song structure (for example pattern 1,1,1,2,1,2,3,1,3,4,4,4,4,2,5) that would make our mind free from thinking about the moments when we need to change pattern and keep focusing on the sound and the performance.
I think it's in the bug list because (if I remember correctly) it was implemented in some older versions (I never had one). Anyway I didn't vote for it since it's not a real concern to me.

This is possible via the Pattern Chaining (but you need to recreate an instance of the Pattern 1 when you want it to be played only once...)

That said, I agree that they could do things much simpler ....
they have a pretty complicated mind! ...
It was enough to give the ability to make a simple list, just like the one you just gave
(1,1,1,2,1,2,3,1,3,4,4,4,4,2,5)
and we could have the patterns that we want, and repeat them as we want,
with a simple "playlist" (+ eventually, the possibility to loop the whole playlist...)

Sulfur wrote:
You should ask him if he banned Bradshaw too Laughing

Seriously, it's good they are taking into account our petition but I'm a little disappointed for two reasons. In a way they are subtracting us the work that has been done here, deciding to further reduce a list that we've already reduced so much (while there would be even more things to add). But most of all this forum is hosted by Korg itself and yet we never heard an official voice from them here. Not everyone is on facebook (I'm not and I don't want to be) so they're deciding to exclude who is not there. I think it would have been fairer to invite people to partecipate here where the petition had spread the wings or create a public form in their site to let people vote.

the same guy (my new friend on FB Smile)
post another comment on my post:
It's not an idea, it's a request from the person who the petition is aimed at.
To withdraw it as it is and follow Korg's recommendations would be most wise.

Actually, I quite agree with that, I wish it was as easy to communicate with KORG
it would really be more constructive
but we must admit that without this petition, we would not even have these reactions!
it was the only means at our disposal..
but if some guys from KORG come and make an official post (maybe an official poll), it could allow us to express our 4 (or 5 Wink) most important requests...

Last edited by Loudest on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: