Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free soundset Ambient Deep Space style: Lost In Space QR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Free soundset Ambient Deep Space style: Lost In Space QR Reply with quote

Hi everyone, here's a new free sound set for the ambient deep space style named: LOST IN SPACE

It can be downloaded from the free sound section on my website.

The video demo shows 7 of the 32 sounds in an improvisation in setlist mode.

When you listen to the deep ambient style you will hear lot's of sounds that are buried in very huge reverb halls where the sounds seems to live on their own. Normally you need quite some expensive reverbs for that to make this possible, but the kronos has this possibility also when you program the Kronos Overb effect with your own settings.

Most of the sounds are made in the Mod7 engine. I've used the Mod7 because that one gave me access to the rom library, 6 oscs and more importantly a wave shaping engine to shape the sound to a sound i had in mind. There is one big difference with the normal sounds, every sound is created by the effect system. Now what does this mean?

When you hear a sound with a long release that seems to blend perfectly in the reverb room it uses then the original sound that i created which often are very short sound bursts in the Mod7, this enters the reverb and there the sound is created by the reverb.

There are also sounds that have short attacks but have resonance movement in the sustain phase of the sound, by feeding this in the reverb section the movements will eventually blend in to an ambient texture that keep moving and moving.

It's a totally different way of creating sounds because the sound is created by the effects, but the end result is perfect for the deep ambient music style.

Here's the video demo with an improvisation with 7 programs selected in the setlist mode.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to hearing these sounds as always. And thanks again!

We owe you so much.

Have you tried NI's Replika XT yet?

I often add Reaktor's Space reverb for long sounds.
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Qui !

http://www.soundsofplanet.com/
one Man -one Kronos- and new sounds by Sounds of Planet
robbie50

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: LostSpace Reply with quote

Quif,

DUTCH:

Dank weer voor de GRATIS soundset voor de Kronos!
Weet je al of iemand de Nano Key geprobeerd heeft samen met de Kronos:?
Question

groet,

rob hooft
John_O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui,

Thanks so much for making this available. One question is:

Is this set up for Kronos 1 or 2?

Thanks,

John
mrfudge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Many thanks as ever for your expertise and kindness in providing this for free. Some really useful sounds there. In these troubled times it is great to see some good guys are still out there.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Qui.
On my holiday but will be downloading your sound set as usual. They are always quality and your generosity is much appreciated by us all.

One question.
I am going to purchase either a Eventide Space or the H9 for my Blofeld.
Have you any thoughts on this.
The 'K' and the 'Blo' complement each other perfectly but the effects on the 'Blo' are average and I want to go 'deep' with it.
I'm sticking to Hardware. Works better for an oldie like me who likes switches and knobs.

Thanks
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John_O wrote:
Qui,

Thanks so much for making this available. One question is:

Is this set up for Kronos 1 or 2?

Thanks,

John

These are programs, they work on a kronos 1 or 2.

all program libraries will work on a kronos 1 or 2. The only thing that won't work is when you share combis, that's a rather big problem, but in this case, all sounds are programs.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Thanks Qui.
On my holiday but will be downloading your sound set as usual. They are always quality and your generosity is much appreciated by us all.

One question.
I am going to purchase either a Eventide Space or the H9 for my Blofeld.
Have you any thoughts on this.
The 'K' and the 'Blo' complement each other perfectly but the effects on the 'Blo' are average and I want to go 'deep' with it.
I'm sticking to Hardware. Works better for an oldie like me who likes switches and knobs.

i've looked at both effect machines, i've purchased the H9 Max.

Main reason was that it had the Eventide Space on board and a lot of other interesting models. For instance a distortion effect or delays and much more.

The programming for the Eventide Space is easier on the hardware itself, because all the knobs are there. But on the H9 Max you can modify them also on the hardware by clicking a button to browse through all the settings of the effects. Of course you can also use h9 control app which is available for mac, windows and Ipad. Then you see the hardware FX layout out on your screen and you can modify the effect from there.

So it's a matter of preference. I prefer as much as effects as possible, the eventide effects are stunning and very high quality. So the more the better, that's why i choose the H9Max.

There are three versions of the H9, if you got the H9 core version (which is cheaper then the Eventide Space FX) then you have the hardware effect, you can then buy the models seperately and upload it to the H9, so then you only pay for the effects that you want.

I decided to go for the H9 max, in that case you have the licenses for all available effect models (and it's cheaper then buying them seperately)./

if you want i can make a demo for you how a dry sound is changed through the h9 max space model (for instance the black hole effect), if you want that i will do it next week and sent you a private link to the demo through personal message system here, just let me know if you want that.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Qui.

Thanks for your advice and offer of a demo. I'll drop you a Pvt message if I'm stuck.

I'll need to mull over my options but I think the Space is probably more for me. I like to keep things simple. The H9 Max is 'the' choice but everything contained in a box including the 'Blackhole' effect should be enough considering the cost.

Thanks again. Fantastic feedback.
robbie50

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Spectra mod7 en Lostinspace Reply with quote

Qui,

Is het mogelijk deze soundbank te "saven" met de nieuwe OS systeem van de Kronos en dan weer op je site te zetten?
Ik probeer je nieuwste soundset "lostinspace"te combineren met deze oude, echter krijg een foutmelding over andere OS.
Ik gebruik gewoon PCG tools....
Is dit probleem met meer (ook gekochte) soundsets van jouw het geval?

graag reactie,

groet,

rob
Very Happy
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Qui, Great Stuff as always.

Note: Guys do checkout Qui's Excellent Commercial Packs http://quirobinez.nl/17-latest-news/40-magical-space-magical-clouds

Not only do they sound great, but IMHO We need to support and show some appreciation to all the awesome free work that Qui does on his time.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Spectra mod7 en Lostinspace Reply with quote

robbie50 wrote:
Is het mogelijk deze soundbank te "saven" met de nieuwe OS systeem van de Kronos en dan weer op je site te zetten?
Ik probeer je nieuwste soundset "lostinspace"te combineren met deze oude, echter krijg een foutmelding over andere OS.
Ik gebruik gewoon PCG tools....
Is dit probleem met meer (ook gekochte) soundsets van jouw het geval?

Robbie asks if you can combine the lost in space sound set with other sound sets from my site which give a question to remap the sounds during the load process.

Answer:
Yes it's possible, all sound sets that were created in OS version 2.xx will give the remap sounds question during the load process. You can load a Version 2 sound set in any kronos. The following loading rules apply for my sound sets:
- if you have a kronos 1 or kronos x and you load one of my sound sets created on version 2, you answer NO on the remap sounds question.
- if you have a kronos 2 and you load one of my sound sets created on version 2 you answer YES on the remap sounds question during the load process.

If you load the Lost in Space you won't get the remap sounds question, this is because it's created in version 3.

You can combine sound sets quite easely with the multiple select feature of the kronos during the load. If you don't know how to do that check the tutorial i created on YouTube, check for the name: Korg Kronos Tutorial: 22 using Multiple Select to create your own sound sets QR

regarding PCG tools, i don't know which version you use, but i suggest to install the latest version to avoid problems with os version numbers.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic as always Qui - you are a generous guy to share all your hard work.

MANY thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qui,

Supremely cool stuff - I will look at downloading tonight when I get home!

Funnily enough I started playing around with using MOD-7 and Overb to create some really dreamy "drone" pads and sounds with great effect (pardon the pun). Being able to have reverb lengths up to 60 seconds is really great for that, and I love the way the effects in the Kronos can be so easily modulated for creating these types of sounds.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: