Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2S Red
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that step jump record parameters sequencing trick still accessible with the new OS?
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbvdb493 wrote:
Is that step jump record parameters sequencing trick still accessible with the new OS?

YES!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
jbvdb493 wrote:

YES!

Nice!

3 more questions:
1 what happened to copying parts into other patterns?
2 if chaining patterns the mute state is as saved? Is that right, so it limits how you can jam with it?
3 how are you guys sampling iPads into it? Are you sampling ex chords and assigning them to pads or just notes and using chord mode for example, I can't wrap my head around how to use the E2S as a pitched instrument sampler? Or are you using clips and chopping them?
Cheers!
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbvdb493 wrote:
SMK wrote:
jbvdb493 wrote:

YES!

Nice!

3 more questions:
2 if chaining patterns the mute state is as saved? Is that right, so it limits how you can jam with it?
3 how are you guys sampling iPads into it? Are you sampling ex chords and assigning them to pads or just notes and using chord mode for example, I can't wrap my head around how to use the E2S as a pitched instrument sampler? Or are you using clips and chopping them?
Cheers!

1 It's still there.
2 correct.
3 no one right answer, but if you are sampling a note or chord, do a c note or c chord and the pitches will line up with the keys/scales on the e2s.
I filled mine up with synth and instrument c notes, single cycle wavs tuned to c, and stabs/hits/chords all tuned to c. Makes it easy to play in whatever key I want easily.
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicmagus wrote:
jbvdb493 wrote:
SMK wrote:
jbvdb493 wrote:

YES!

Nice!

3 more questions:
Cheers!

1 It's still there.
2 correct.
3 no one right answer, but if you are sampling a note or chord, do a c note or c chord and the pitches will line up with the keys/scales on the e2s.
I filled mine up with synth and instrument c notes, single cycle wavs tuned to c, and stabs/hits/chords all tuned to c. Makes it easy to play in whatever key I want easily.

Amazing! Thanks.
So you basically pre sampled material and then pull it up when ever you want to use it? I guess you would have to name things really descriptively without sample preview!
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make sample sets on the computer with the editors and export allsample files to their own folders on the sd card. Then when I make a bunch of patterns with a sample set I move all the pattern files into a folder within the sample set folder it came from.
But you can also have folders with wav file samples with good naming system and or subfolders to help you navigate directly on the card.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicmagus wrote:

If I sample the C note of one of my synths and assign that to a pad on the tribe, then I can use the keyboard mode and the tribe will transpose that note up and down the keyboard, and because the tribe defaults to the key of C that is great. What if I have a track in a different key, say in D? That sample will still be in C, so without resampling a D note, I guess I'd have to play everything a whole step up in keyboard mode, is that right? What about playing notes in scale mode using the X-Y pad, does that still work if your original sample is a different note to the key of the track/scale?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the sample is tuned to c it will line up with whatever note/scale the electribe is playing.
You want to play in D? Turn the scale setting to D Smile

Try it out yourself, you'll quickly see what's what.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicmagus wrote:
If the sample is tuned to c it will line up with whatever note/scale the electribe is playing.
You want to play in D? Turn the scale setting to D Smile

Try it out yourself, you'll quickly see what's what.

Ah I see, so as long as the original sample is in C then it will transpose it for me when I change scales. That's cool. Does that work even if I import the sample after I change the scale? What about things like vocal samples? For example if I load a sample of some movie dialogue or something, I would want that sample to play at the original pitch regardless of the key I was in. I wouldn't want it to pitch up or down if I change the scale. Sorry if these are rudimentary questions, this is my first sampler and I'm still trying to get to grips with it.
Disastrous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicmagus wrote:
I make sample sets on the computer with the editors and export allsample files to their own folders on the sd card. Then when I make a bunch of patterns with a sample set I move all the pattern files into a folder within the sample set folder it came from.
But you can also have folders with wav file samples with good naming system and or subfolders to help you navigate directly on the card.

Would you mind elaborating on this please?

I've got a 16gb SD card in mine which is largely redundant.

I've filled it with various painstakingly named samples but I'm forever having to delete stuff from one allpattern file to make space.

I'd be very interested to hear your workflow for this.

I downloaded the sample editor in the apple App Store but never really got to grips with.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to swap sample sets from the ES2 itself - you need to take the card out, stick it in a computer and shuffle files around, so if you've cracked this, I'd be dying to hear about it!

Thanks in advance Smile
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disastrous wrote:

As far as I can tell, there is no way to swap sample sets from the ES2 itself - you need to take the card out, stick it in a computer and shuffle files around, so if you've cracked this, I'd be dying to hear about it!

Thanks in advance Smile

You can load sample sets contained in folders from the E2S itself, but be careful because when you save your work and export all your samples, it won't overwrite the .all file in a specific folder, it will overwrite the generic .all file that loads on boot up, so some file management via a computer is required at some stage. I think that's correct, I'm at work so can't test at the moment. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I hope they fix the file management on these units, it's very counter-productive as it is. I have spent the last two nights trying to build a good .all file on my computer when I could be rocking out on the tribe Sad
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Just wow.

THANK YOU KORG!!!!

I've been out of the loop for a week now... this is absolutely amazing. You can now chain patterns to get it functioning almost exactly like the MC-505's "Song Mode" I have (which has been collecting dust since I bought the ES2, btw).

So to all you people bashing this machine early on: HA! HA! HA! Patience is a virtue and I'm absolutely filled with joy that somebody up there is listening.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I'm keeping my black one. It's become quite a sexy beast.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:
Disastrous wrote:

Thanks in advance Smile

You can load sample sets contained in folders from the E2S itself, but be careful because when you save your work and export all your samples, it won't overwrite the .all file in a specific folder, it will overwrite the generic .all file that loads on boot up, so some file management via a computer is required at some stage. I think that's correct, I'm at work so can't test at the moment. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I hope they fix the file management on these units, it's very counter-productive as it is. I have spent the last two nights trying to build a good .all file on my computer when I could be rocking out on the tribe Sad

Yep you're right.

I also hope there will be improvements in terms of file management (copy, paste, duplicate files, create folders, delete, rename etc.)
I do not want to use a computer for this kind of things
We could save our sample-sets (and also our pattern-sets) in several files

For the e2s, we also need pre-listening directly from the SD card, so we could work from a blank .all file and import only the samples we need for a project
so we could have gigabytes of wav files at our disposal, straight from the sd card
(this would overcome the limit of 24Mb...)

Icing on the cake : waveform representation and automatic zero crossing snapping function (essential for a good loop point adjustment)
Smile
sl23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: