Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modulation Wheel and Filter Cutoff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkstain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Modulation Wheel and Filter Cutoff Reply with quote

This is a beginner's question, please be kind Smile
I have some basic understanding of how things work, but still learning very hard at the moment.

Question is:
When I patch the mod wheel to let's the HP Cutoff - how are the mod wheel and the level of the HP Cutoff setup with the HP Cutoff knob collude?
Let's assume MG/T.Ext for HP is set to 10 and the HP Cutoff to 5. The mod wheel is patched to HP Cutoff.
What is the exact effect I can produce with the mod wheel? Altering the Filter from 0 - 5 ? (since it is set to 5 as a max) or does it replace the HP filter knob? Or is it some kind of additon?
Hope my question is not too dumb (Just a bit)

thx
darkstain
MutantLabs

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it right now, but I am pretty sure that in your case the voltage from the HP-cutoff dial is summed with the voltage from the modwheel. That said, moving the modwheel acts like turning the HP-cutoff dial to the right. So it's like going from 5-10 and not from 0-5.
TBN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addition it is.

The mod wheel outputs voltages ranging from -5 up to +5 volts, center being 0V.
If you set the HP to 5 and the modulation knob fully open: turning down mod wheel will lower the filter below the set point, turning it up will increase it above the set point.

In short: with the filter knob you will set the center around which the mod wheel moves the frequency. The width of the effect of the mod wheel is set by the modulation knob.
darkstain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you - that really clarified it !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: